Wednesday, January 4, 2017 Sean Gray and I had the privilege to be guests on Capt. Mike Gagliano’s and Capt. Mike Dugan’s Fire Engineering Blog Talk Radio Show. Sean and I are grateful and humbled by this opportunity and want to encourage you to listen to the archived show.
To help encourage you we wanted to give you an idea the topics we discussed.
- We started the discussion on what does and where did Stop Believing Start Knowing begin. Some feel the name is offensive and we should cease utilizing it. So what does Stop believing Start Knowing mean and where did it originate?
- Sean and I made the exciting announcement of two huge projects we have been working on for the better part of two years. We announced the release of our DVD that has been published through Penwell /Fire Engineering Books and Video – “The Evolving Fireground – Evidence-based tactics”. We summarized the DVD and provided detailed information of its content.
- We also announced that we are also publishing a book through Penwell / Fire Engineering Book and Videos. This was the first time we discussed either of these exciting projects.
- Sean discussed fire behavior and flow path and the importance of recognizing and understanding and how it relates to the on the fireground
- We then moved into tactics! We started with the importance or door control on the fireground We had a great discussion on smoke movement and reading smoke • We moved to Fire attack and discussed
- We had a great discussion on smoke movement and reading smoke We moved to Fire attack and discussed
- We moved to Fire attack and discussed exterior attack and our stance, facts and opinions that surround this critical fireground task.
- Search – what can we do on the fireground to enhance our searches We spent a period of time discussing the small scale fire behavior (
- We spent a period of time discussing the small scale fire behavior (doll house prop training) We discussed being aggressive on the
- We discussed being aggressive on the fireground. Some feel research based tactics are taking aggressive out of the fire service. We had a lively discussion on being aggressive and how we are aggressive and are looking to help you be more aggressive.
- We discussed getting the message out in our department to assure the probies coming out of recruit school and the 20-year veteran are receiving the same information.
We encourage you to take the time listen to this show. Listen to Sean and I and our stance and opinions on door control exterior water and all the great things we discussed. Come and listen, make your own opinions based on our words and actions not the opinions of others.
We thank Capt. Mike Galliano and his co-host Seattle firefighter Dave Carte for the awesome opportunity to join them and have this discussion.
Listen to the archived show here - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fireengineeringtalkradio/2017/01/05/ep...