It's sad to see anything lost to a fire but when you weigh in the "Risk vs. Benefit" the lives of innocent bystanders and our safety comes first and the property and any extension to existing structures that may be near by come second. I was out of town in my nice warm ice house when I got a phone call about the fire when it happened. By all accounts of what I have heard about the incident, it sounds like the fire was burning for some time and had gone on undiscovered for quite some time before it was discovered by an employee who acted quickly to get everyone out. While the fire, possibly in the smoldering state in the ceiling for awhile when the employee according to the paper said he lifted a ceiling til and heard a whoosh, it was just a matter of time before it got that much needed breath of fresh air to allow it to spread. University FD was quick to act and I think Command made the right calls to make sure everyone was kept safe. My hats are off to all those that responded and to all those that "Serve & Protect us everyday!
Sourdough Sam's Fire