Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Robert Owens's Discussions (62)

Discussions Replied To (15) Replies Latest Activity

"The only thing you can do is bring a high energy, and positive attitude. Some people…"

Robert Owens replied Mar 27, 2014 to It must suck to hate your job so much

3 Jun 7, 2014
Reply by Jonah Smith

"The last one I saw was when I was 19 on an old 1987 Seagrave open cab ladder truck m…"

Robert Owens replied Mar 15, 2012 to The Kelly Tool....

11 May 17, 2012
Reply by Donald Colarusso

"I go with 6 lengths as well, I have however heard of some companies out there preach…"

Robert Owens replied Jan 24, 2012 to 1 3/4 attack line length??

9 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Christopher Huston

"Anything with a standpipe you gotta role with 2 1/2. Here is why in my opinion. 1. (…"

Robert Owens replied Nov 17, 2008 to Line selection is light-weight wood frame multiple dwellings

26 Jun 19, 2009

"I disagree. In my community we have a volunteer fire service and it you were to desc…"

Robert Owens replied Nov 6, 2008 to The Only Difference

29 Jan 18, 2009
Reply by Joe McClelland

"We try and do something everyday even if it s a short video. That being said Sunday…"

Robert Owens replied Nov 6, 2008 to Training on Sunday's

68 Nov 12, 2014
Reply by Karl Grath

"There was an article in Fireengineering about transitioning from an interior to a de…"

Robert Owens replied Nov 6, 2008 to Training for defensive operations?

1 Nov 6, 2008
Reply by Robert Owens

"The county I work in Runs aprox 40000 calls a year. Out of those only about 1,500 ar…"

Robert Owens replied Oct 6, 2008 to How many fires?

27 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Mike France

"Henrico County Division of Fire (Virginia) is located just outside the captial city…"

Robert Owens replied Aug 25, 2008 to Who is in charge?

2 Aug 25, 2008
Reply by Art Zern

"We also have both. Typically we use the 2 1/2 for large commercial occupancies that…"

Robert Owens replied Aug 25, 2008 to 1-3/4" vs. 2-1/2" Hi-rise pack

16 Jul 20, 2011
Reply by Russ Chapman

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service