Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Suicide_Bags_1_%5B1%5D.pdf

This is being forwarded out to most of us here in the Capital Region in New York

Views: 995

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very useful info, thanks for sharing, Thank god we have not encountered this yet, But by sharing this we all have another thing to look out for in scene size up , and making sure we are safe , again thank you for sharing .

Mike,

I thought this was very interesting as well how come we're not hearing more about this? Is this a widespread problem in the New York area? Can you get me more information? Thanks your friend Bobby

Mike this is interesting. Pretty new and hasn't exploded in call volume yet. They say the reason for its popularity is because the end user does not get the stressors of suffocation and therefore passes out in a relaxed state before the end result of death.

Chief , I will be more than happy to , i've asked our EMS freinds for more info , as soon as i do I will forward on to you

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service