Lt
Years of public service:
27 years
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Top issues in your department:
Budget
Professional Qualifications:
SME Emergency Vehicle Operations, Apparatus Specifications and Aerial Ladder Training
Topics you provide training for:
Apparatus Specifications
Emergency Vehicle Driver Training
Aerial Ladder and Tower Ladder Operations and Placement
Areas of expertise:
SME Emergency Vehicle Operations, Apparatus Specifications and Aerial Ladder Training
Bio:
BIO
MICHAEL WILBUR
121 WHITLOCK ROAD
OTISVILLE, NEW YORK 10963
845-386-5057

Mike Wilbur has been a volunteer firefighter for over 34 years and a career firefighter with the New York City Fire Department for 27 years. In the New York City Fire Department Mike was assigned to Ladder Company 56 for 15 years 8 as an apparatus operator and in 1995 was promoted to the rank of Lt. and is presently assigned to Ladder Company 27 in the Bronx. Lt. Wilbur also served on the FDNY apparatus purchasing committee, and has given state certification to the FDNY chauffeurs school.
Mike is also a contributing editor for Firehouse Magazine and Fire Apparatus Journal. He has also served on the IFSTA validation committees for the Apparatus Operator and Aerial Operator Manuals. Mike has served on the United States Fire Administration committee’s on Safe Operation of Fire Tankers and Emergency Vehicle Safety Initiative.
Lt. Wilbur is nationally recognized in Emergency Vehicle Operations, Apparatus Placement and Purchasing. For more information go to
Web site:
http://www.emergencyvehicleresponse.com

Comment Wall:

• Rick Lasky

...right back at ya brother Mike. Hope all is well with you and yours brother.
  • Jeff Betz

Hey Mike, don't know if you remember, but we spent some time together in Balto with Billy last year. Take care, nice to see you here - Jeff
  • John Salka

Mike,
    Fancy meeting you here! Talk to you soon.
    John
  • Debora R. Lewis

An honor to meet you sir...your emergency vehicle training is a valuable tool constantly used at my department...thanks!

Stay Alert...Stay Alive!
  • Dave Walsh

Howdy Cuz-hope all is well-see ya in Indy-Cuzzin Dave
  • Dave Walsh

Cuz,
    Absolutely!!! We can connect on the cell or trip over each other in the hallway. I look forward to chatting with you. I'm there from 4/4 til 4/13 wotking with uncle Ed's AV geek squad (who are an utterly fantastic group of folks with an amazing leader).
    Have a safe trip there.
    See ya then.
    Cuzzin Dave
  • John Salka

Mike,
    Yes I am heading out to FDIC on the 4th and going home on the 10th. I'm sure we will run into each other out there.
  • Brad King

Thanks for accepting Mike.. Yes all is well, hope the same for you. Stay Safe as well... Brad
  • Shane Furuta

Hey Mike! I had fun in Indy, it was a dinner to remember... I can't wait for next year's FDIC. I'll see you in da Bronx! --Shane
  • Shane Furuta

Mike, I need your email address... Send me a shout out to furutes@aol.com. Talk to you later Bro! -Aloha
  • David Ebel

Please allow me to invite you to a site designed by responders for responders... the crew that is doing it is CISM multilevel trained and are there for the guys after the bad calls. It helps the responders that do not yet have a team or would be worried that they asking for help would be seen as weakness. Please join and share it when you can. As a chaplain with over 25 years of service to fire departments I am excited with it's potential to provide support.

Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
    Chaplain David Ebel Bakersfield, CA
  • Greg Wyant

Thanks Michael I will be picking your brain soon.
  • Steve Pegram

Hey Mike, Looking forward to seeing you at the beach, Jackie was talking about you yesterday he said he's going to be a "real truckie"

Stay Safe
  • Tony Tricarico

Mike,
    Drop me a line when you get a chance, I would like to discuss seatbelts with you.
  • Michael Wilbur

Hi Call me on my cell 914-850-5211 so we can talk about pumps and dispatching mike
  • Brian Meroney

Howdy from Texas. Haven't got a chance to tell you thx for coming to the Fire Engineering Fort Worth. I really enjoyed your class on truck ops. Oh, almost forgot Homer Robertson told me to tell you hello. Be safe and remember a Truckman is only as good as the Engine Company they are chasing.. Take care from a Water Weasel..
  • Brian Meroney

Mike, I am starting to put together a basic EVO class for a local EMS Provider in part of my District. Was told class can't be more than 4 hours long. Got any ideas of what to cover in that limited amount of time?
  • Brian Meroney

Thanks Mike. Be safe and leave the front of the building open so the guys on the Engine don't have to stretch an extra 50 feet of hose. Just kidding.
  • Don Huneke

Lou thanks for the friend add. Love the articles and info you publish. Tell Marc Dore from 46 Eng I said hello
  • Brian Meroney

Howdy Mike from your Favorite Water Weasel from Texas.. Didn't see you this year at the Fire Rescue International.. Did I miss you or where you not able to come for another visit to Texas? Oh FYI: I have been moved to another Station where I now am on a Quint or Truck every shift. Learning Truck work is pretty COOL! Don't rub it in.. Guess I won't be a Water Weasel forever.. HAHA..
  • Brian Meroney

Well I guess you have earned a Vacation...HAHA... I will be driving and Acting Up as Lieutenant most of the time.. Got a LOT of learning still to do.. I find myself now yelling at the Engine to get out of the way... Funny how things change..
  • Todd McKee

Hey MIKE! Thank you for your companionship at the Columbia airport today! It made the wait well worth it! Todd McKee HazMatohio
  • Michael Bricault (ret)

Mike, I have a couple of training seminars coming up and am hopeful that you may be attending the same. One is Wichita in September which should be huge, the other two are still in the works for Idaho and Iowa.
  • Jon Branch

LT. Wilbur, my wife and I had a great time sharing dinner and conversation with you. We look forward to you and your wife returning to Guam. Next time we BBQ!!... Jon Branch GFD.

• Jon Branch

LT thank you so much for the T-shirt! I want you to know that I wear it with much respect and pride. Hope to see you again sometime soon but until then take care and please say hello to the wife from us....Lt Jon Branch, Guam Fire Department

• Patrick Williams

Thanks for an enlightening and challenging course with the Long Branch FD last week.  I know we took a away a lot of helpful guidance that will benefit our Chauffeur training program.  I will be posting the photo's and video's of you driving our old 1976 CF Mack soon.