A.A.S. Fire Science Technology
Fire Officer IV
Fire Instructor III
NREMT-I
COBRA HazMat Tech
Rad/Nuc Tech
WMD Tech
Bio:
My name is Debora R. Lewis. Happily married for nine years with no children unless you count my two pets, a five-year-old American Bulldog named Murphy and a six-year-old cat named Cracker. I am originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan, but currently live in Beaufort, SC. I joined the United States Marine Corps directly out of high school in 1976 and served proudly for 20 years before retiring at Parris Island as a 1stSgt. The Marines showed me the world as a motor transport chief, but I can honestly say my two tours as a drill instructor, were the most rewarding. OOH RAH!

Immediately on retirement from the Corps, Burton Fire & Rescue (the greatest department in SC) hired me as a full time firefighter. I now have 13 years on the job and serve as the Captain/Shift Commander of Shift 1. I am currently enrolled in EKU’s B.S. in Fire Safety & Engineering Technology degree program. After graduation, I intend on completing the National Fire Academy’s EFO program.

My department operates with 42 paid firefighters in five stations working 48/96 hour shifts. Our three shifts protect a population of 30,000 and our response area is 83 square miles.

When I am off duty, I enjoy playing softball, riding my Harley, and relaxing at home with my family. For those who may not know, Beaufort is a coastal city one hour south of Charleston, SC and about one hour north of Savannah, GA. I am very near Hilton Head and Bluffton, SC. As I originally hail from the great state of Michigan, I am a huge Wolverine fan! GO BLUE! I am also a die-hard Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, and Detroit Pistons fan...Detroit City Rocks!
Web site:
http://www.burtonfd.org

Comment Wall:

Load Previous Comments
  • Michael Wilbur

Hi DR. thank you for your kind comments and thank you for the support. It is greatly appreciated mike
  • Rick Lasky

Hi Deb,

It was great seeing you. I hope we get to visit in July buddy.

Be safe Sis and stay in touch.

Love ya,

Rick
  • Will Vaigneur

Crongrats on Michigan advancing.