Department:
Bakersfield City Fire Department and Kern County Fire Department
Title/rank:
Chaplain
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Professional Qualifications:
25 years as a Fire Chaplain, Approved Instructor (Trained Trainer) in CISM, NIMS and an active part of most CISM teams in the area
Topics you provide training for:
Critical Incident Stress Management, NIMS
Areas of expertise:
Managing and motivating groups of people, skilled at moderating groups through difficult situations. PIO,
Bio:
Served as a minister for about 35 years, served as Chaplain about 25 years, Founded and managed a 24 hour crisis hotline in inner city Detroit for over 3 years, Served for 2 1/2 years as Assistant Staff Chaplain at Cook County Jail in Chicago, Trained in several levels of Critical Incident Stress Management disaster counseling and as a (Approved Instructor (Trained Trainer), too. In traveling the country for 12 years and even traveling beyond, I have seen so many that are out there "taking care of business" but have not had someone at home to then help them manage the trauma that was experienced. "Suck it up" is not an acceptable way to manage trauma and traumatic events. Sharing with others who do understand what you feel because they have been there before you allows for every responder to have somewhere to go to vent, debrief and sort out what we feel from what we have done.

I am the founding chairman of the Kern County VOAD, Inc. which is coordinating all disaster related groups to create a cooperative and profession community response by sharing resources and leadership to pre plan for disasters and then do post disaster response helping those recovering to be cared for appropriately.

My trainings include:

Fire fighter 1 & 2,
CISM Individual Support
CISM Group
CISM Advanced
CISM Emotional and Spiritual Care
CISM Grief Following Trauma
CISM Pastoral Crisis Intervention
Trained Trainer in CISM Individual Support
Trained Trainer in CISM Group
Trained Trainer in CISM Emotional and Spiritual Care
Trained Trainer in Grief Following Trauma
Grief, Trauma and Loss (advanced class by Dr. H.Norman Wright)
NIMS Trained Trainer 100,200, 300,400 and 700

Founded an Amatuer Radio SATERN (Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network) as disaster radio communications
Web site:
http://disasterresponders.ning.com

Comment Wall:

Load Previous Comments
  • Tonia Jacob

{{Hugs}}
  • le neouanic laurent

hello my name is laurent so french paramedic fire figther,i search for trade uniform's and helmet's for my collection ,thank's for your reponse my blog : http://sssm22.skyrock.com/
    my mail : laurent.leneouanic@cegetel.net
    happy new year for you and your family ,so long .laurent
  • Christian Cossey

How's it going?