Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Chris Piepenburg's Discussions (89)

Discussions Replied To (27) Replies Latest Activity

"In my department we have numerous SOGs that give pre-assignments for different types…"

Chris Piepenburg replied Jun 30, 2010 to Pre arrival assignments

16 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Scott Thompson

"I guess the first thing you have to look at when you are going to a reported fire in…"

Chris Piepenburg replied Jun 12, 2009 to How would you deal with this one as one of the first due compy officers or IC?

2 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by Chris Piepenburg

"I think the first thing that needs to be done is get the fire knocked down at the fr…"

Chris Piepenburg replied Feb 26, 2009 to You're senior member on the scene, Get the job done!

4 Feb 26, 2009
Reply by Chris Piepenburg

"For me I would put a line right where the fire is exiting on arrival. I would probab…"

Chris Piepenburg replied Feb 19, 2009 to New video senario for CSF

11 Feb 22, 2009
Reply by Matt Erdman

"Like many others have said this looks like a newer taxpayer which you would figure i…"

Chris Piepenburg replied Feb 15, 2009 to New video senario for CSF

11 Feb 22, 2009
Reply by Matt Erdman

"The way i look at it is that whenever you are responding to a reported structure fir…"

Chris Piepenburg replied Feb 4, 2009 to Search Priorites

17 Mar 1, 2009
Reply by Wayne Benner Jr

"1 - Coming in on a 3rd I am taking the big line (2 1/2) with me to the second floor.…"

Chris Piepenburg replied Jan 15, 2009 to "Senario, What do you do? "

10 Feb 5, 2009
Reply by Mark Langston

"We have a few dozen highrises in our district and we consider them as highrises. We…"

Chris Piepenburg replied Jan 12, 2009 to Wind-Driven Fires

16 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by Jim Mason

"We had one hell of a wind driven house fire about 8 months ago. Started as a vehicle…"

Chris Piepenburg replied Jan 7, 2009 to Wind-Driven Fires

16 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by Jim Mason

"Talk about thinking firemen...It takes a lot of knowledge and skill to make a tactic…"

Chris Piepenburg replied Jan 3, 2009 to Let's talk about this one. Search and Rescue Decision. Unusual but it worked.

12 Jan 5, 2009
Reply by Jim Mason

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service