Where firefighters come to talk training

Here's a couple to get started

1. There are no time-outs or do-overs in this buisness
2. Nothing great was ever accomplished without enthusiasm -- Emerson
3. No one respects the flame like the fool who's badly burned -- Pete Townsend
4. To go nowhere, follow the crowd
5. It only takes a solitary light to lead a thousand ships in from the darkness
6. Anger is only 1 letter short of danger
7. Do not follow in the footsteps of others, instead, create a new trail and leave a path

many more to follow
stay safe

Views: 8192

Replies to This Discussion

Insanity-- doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
This department is full of outstanding firemen. They are all outside standing!!!
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Chief Lee:
Outstanding!
As we sail through life, don't avoid rough waters, sail on because calm waters won't make a skillful sailor.-- Unknown
Tony,

I often relay a quote to my officers from an old friend and Batt Chief..." If you condone it....you own it". If you allow behavior outside exceptable bounds, sub-par performance, bad apparatus placement and on and on.... you can expect to see it again. Officers have to stay on top of things at all times. Sure you have to pick your battles, but if it is important to you, don't allow anything less than what you can live with.

Art
Here's one for the Fire Instructors out there.
A hundred years from now they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name,
And that will be good enough for me.....
Wish I could lay claim to that comment; but credit to Rick Lasky for teaching us all that one...
Ancora Imparo - Still I am Learning; Michelangelo

"Let us not become a name on the Walk of Honor but Learn and Live To Walk in Their Honor"
from clinton smoke:--great quote

You can't put a value on sdafety but you can sure put a price on the consequences

Safety must be an organizational value in every fire organization
"Training and experience decide whether things go right or wrong. When you lack one you must make up for it with the other..."

"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong which one are you?"
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
- John Henry Boetker

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service