Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

This is always a hit and it is really easy to make. We always use this recipe doubled, which feeds 6-7 guys.

You'll need:
6-8 Chicken Breasts
2 cans of whole cranberry sauce
2 bottles of Western Dressing
1 box of Onion soup mix (use both packets)

Mix all the ingredients but the chicken. Pour a little of the sauce in the dish to make cleanup easier. Place the breasts on the dish and pour rest of sauce over chicken.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.

Serve over brown rice or noodles. It's pretty much a one-plate meal.

Views: 958

Replies to This Discussion

We have a dish very close to this, except we use a lean pork loin, ours doesnt include the soup mix but it will now. I never thought about it with chicken, but we are going to give it a try....thanx for the ideas..... oh yeah, try it in the slow cooker, if you get a late job you wont dry it out, and you can, to steel a bad tag line, just fix it and forget about it.
We usually use Lipton's Onion Soup Mix.
The pork idea sounds pretty good. We've yet to try this in the crock, but next time I think we will.
OK - I give - what's "western dressing" ?? This sounds like something that would be yummy delicious after a long day at work - set it to cook in the morning, ready when I get home from the Bookstore. It also sound something like a "sweet and sour" meatball dish I made way back when in Girl Scouts.
Home made meatballs
whole berry cranberry sauce
bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce - not ketchup and not cocktail sauce
The combo of tomato and cranberry works well - one thing to be careful of with the onion soup mix is the high salt content.
regular onion

Wishbone western dressing.
Sorry the picture is huge, I really just wanted to see if I could get a picture in there...
Okay, so i wasnt the only one who didnt know??? I had to look it up on line to figure it out also. It maybe a regional thing, i havent been able to locate it atleast near me, but i did find a recipe on-line for homemade let me know if you want me to forward to you.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service