Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

i am looking for some help to get a propane training session for my guys at a lunch hour coffee break training session. any ideas on what to focus on? and looking to countine our own coffee break training sessions, any idea on what to discuss and what to keep focus on?

thanks the bob "the rookie" hille

Views: 159

Replies to This Discussion

Focus on the basics. What are the inherent dangers of Propane? Where is Propane in your response area? How does usage differ Winter to Summer?
Also look at what vehicles have propane on board and the uses of it.

The delivery trucks have it in the big tank of course, but they may also have the engine that powers the truck run off propane. Some of the ice cream delivery trucks are propane, the refrigerant system is ran on propane and the engine. Many of the motorhomes have propane for the refrigerant.
Bob,

Contact your local propane company or propane gas association. They have resources, training/safety officers and programs that can help. You might get a guest speaker to come out for you. Make sure any speaker is a trainer/safety officer for the company or association. You don't want "Joe Truck Driver" giving you a safety speach. Hope that helps!

Sean
I was gona say the same thing. Most local agencies are more than happy to send some one to speak with you. Chances are they will cover things and histories you may never even thought off. Nice thing is alot of times they will show you shut offs on the trucks and ect. I believe I have a responding to propane emergencies book that was pretty informative, I cant remember however if it was something NYS put out or if it was one the propane and gas co"s came out with.. If you strike out with the propane co's I would be more than happy to send it to you as long as you return it when done.

Sean Stumbaugh said:
Bob,
Contact your local propane company or propane gas association. They have resources, training/safety officers and programs that can help. You might get a guest speaker to come out for you. Make sure any speaker is a trainer/safety officer for the company or association. You don't want "Joe Truck Driver" giving you a safety speach. Hope that helps!
Sean

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service