I-57 @ VOLLMER ROAD
F/I MERCEDES BENZ FIRE

EARLY FOOTAGE BEFORE MATTESON'S ENGINE CO'S ARRIVAL

FILMED BY TODD SHERMAN

Rating:
  • Currently 5/5 stars.

Views: 3564

Comment

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

Comment by Art Sutherland on June 21, 2009 at 6:51pm
Well its nice to see that they have the vests on this way everyong gets to see them while they breath all the smoke in. I like to two at the start looking at the camera, can you see me ok I might not be around tomorrow so take a good shot of me today. I can't understand how someone does something like this. I hope everything is cooled down when you are kneeling down in front of the car because during the training I took I am sure there are a few things that can blow.

Ya I did download the video to show our guys how not to fight a car fire and why we need a good medical plan.
Comment by Ron Becknell on April 9, 2009 at 4:17pm
Well as has already been stated there were some mistakes made but the hose stream application looked pretty good. Using the reach of the straight stream and then moving in with a semi-fog. As for the lack of SCBA it is not right but we have all done stupid stuff before. Thanks for posting the video. And I would really like to have a copy to use for training at my station.

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service