Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Off Duty with Kevin Shea

Information

Off Duty with Kevin Shea

A place for firefighters to share info and stories about hunting, fishing, and other outdoor pursuits.

Members: 26
Latest Activity: Nov 16, 2013

Discussion Forum

Camping with The Scouts 9 Replies

Continue

Started by Mike France. Last reply by Mike France May 1, 2011.

2011 Hog Hunt 6 Replies

Hi Everybody, if any of you are hunters I am sure the fall season has started throughout the country. I am deep into my bowhunting season, got my first antelope buck, now chasing elk and deer. In…Continue

Started by Kevin Shea. Last reply by Kevin Shea Mar 14, 2011.

hunting videos 7 Replies

Really like your videos but we never got to see the Antelope you took with your bow and does Fire Engineering not let you show the shot?Continue

Started by Scotty Stokes. Last reply by Kevin Shea Feb 10, 2011.

Africa 2011

Hey All, just booked Namibia, Africa bowhunt. I have some friends that live there, met them through the Professional Bowhunters Society(PBS) a few years ago. The ranch they own has been in their…Continue

Started by Kevin Shea Nov 28, 2010.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Off Duty with Kevin Shea to add comments!

Comment by Mike France on April 26, 2011 at 9:07pm
Well off with the boys for camporee, teaching fire safety this weekend , see how many get their merit badge this weekend
Comment by Kevin Shea on April 26, 2011 at 3:38pm
Nothing yesterday, heading out again now.  A friend told me the appearance of dandelions is a good sign, the bears hit them like candy, but it has been to cold, they are not up yet, going back to the same area for a few days.
Comment by Diane Feldman on April 25, 2011 at 12:26pm
Don't forget to wear your FireLife camouflage hat. Product placement!
Comment by Kevin Shea on April 25, 2011 at 12:22pm
Bear season in MT has been open for over a week, but the weather has been bad, got more snow last week, and might get a little more this week.  I would wait until a little later in the season, last three weeks of May, but my son is graduating from college, so I will be in NY end of May.  That means, my bear season starts today!  Wish me luck, bear is spot and stalk only in MT, no baiting.  Even though I am bow hunting, you have to wear blaze orange because it overlaps gun season, no separate archery season for bear.  There is still a lot of snow, fish&game said the bears are not moving too much yet this year, but a few were taken, so I will see what I can find. Wish me luck.
Comment by Kevin Shea on April 16, 2011 at 4:46pm
Hey Buster, thats great.  Can you put up a picture of your son's bird?  the spot I want to go for the bear is still snowed in, I tied snow shoeing, but it was still too much, will have to wait a week or two.  I am looking for a turkey spot near me.
Comment by Buster Cooper on April 13, 2011 at 10:48am
Kevin, Good luck on your bear hunt. My son bagged a turkey last weekend on the youth hunt. I'm going this weekend and hope to bag a turkey bigger one than his. A little father & son competition.
Comment by Kevin Shea on April 1, 2011 at 2:20pm
FDIC is over, now time to get back to hunting.  Is anyone else going for spring bear?  There is no baiting allowed in MT, so I don't know how productive I will be, but I am skipping Canada this season to concentrate on spot and stalk here.  I hope to hit it hard, I will keep you all posted on progress, season starts in about two weeks, still a lot of snow on the mountain range I am going to focus on.
Comment by Mike France on March 30, 2011 at 11:13am

Thanks Jack

Comment by Mike France on March 28, 2011 at 9:40pm
well guess , i was duped , this was a hoax , was not as big as it was stated
Comment by Kevin Shea on March 28, 2011 at 8:09pm

Hey Buster, it was great seeing you.  I am looking forward to getting together, would love to visit and take a duck with the bow.  thanks for visiting the site.  Mike, I bet I could have used the skin from that snake to back all my bows, instead of collecting the little ones.

Members (25)

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service