Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Really like your videos but we never got to see the Antelope you took with your bow and does Fire Engineering not let you show the shot?

Views: 371

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Scott, thanks for looking at the video.  I am new at filming and I am mostly alone, so I have to put the camera down when I take a shot with the bow or rifle.  The next footage shows the animal as I walk up, or after I gut it, and some of the people at FE didn't like it, but they are not hunters, and said if it goes over OK with the viewers I can start to show more.  I wish they showed a little more of the antelope, it was my first.  The next two videos that go up will be a big horn sheep survey I did with a wildlife biologist, a friend I know from professional bowhunters society, there is no harvest.  The next three that I filmed are a mule deer doe I took, a cow elk, then a whitetail buck.  There will be better shots of the animals.  How did your season go?

Hey Kevin

You need to have a contest; the prize being a chance at being "video "guy" for the day on one of your shoots.  Can't imagine that it wouldn't be a blast to go along.

Kevin Shea said:

Hi Scott, thanks for looking at the video.  I am new at filming and I am mostly alone, so I have to put the camera down when I take a shot with the bow or rifle.  The next footage shows the animal as I walk up, or after I gut it, and some of the people at FE didn't like it, but they are not hunters, and said if it goes over OK with the viewers I can start to show more.  I wish they showed a little more of the antelope, it was my first.  The next two videos that go up will be a big horn sheep survey I did with a wildlife biologist, a friend I know from professional bowhunters society, there is no harvest.  The next three that I filmed are a mule deer doe I took, a cow elk, then a whitetail buck.  There will be better shots of the animals.  How did your season go?

My season has gone well so far. Pheasant hunting opening weekend in Kansas was a blast, my dog did great and we limited out all three days (4 hunters). This made for some great Pheasant Jerky (sounds funny but they make great jerky). So far for deer I took a 7 point buck near the end of rifle season here in Oklahoma. I will be bow hunting the rest of the season and see what comes of it. Hope to go pheasant hunting with my son over Christmas break. If you have a problem with complaints about your videos let me know. Bobby Halton lives across the street from me ill tell him to quit acting like a Liberal tree hugger and show the videos.......lol
Kevin Shea said:

Thanks Scotty, sounds like you are having a great season.  I am new here in MT., and I am not used to how short the season is.  Rifle ended the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and its all over now.  I do have a Mountain Lion tag for this winter, just have to find someone with dogs that wants to go.  Do you do a lot of bowhunting?  I am trying to get some firefighters to go with me to Texas in Feb. for hogs.  I hunt every year with the Wensel's, they are letting me have a firefighter week this time, let me know if you are interested.  If you ever want to hunt Montana let me know, I am looking to trade hunts with guys.  Talk to you soon,

Kevin

Scotty Stokes said:

My season has gone well so far. Pheasant hunting opening weekend in Kansas was a blast, my dog did great and we limited out all three days (4 hunters). This made for some great Pheasant Jerky (sounds funny but they make great jerky). So far for deer I took a 7 point buck near the end of rifle season here in Oklahoma. I will be bow hunting the rest of the season and see what comes of it. Hope to go pheasant hunting with my son over Christmas break. If you have a problem with complaints about your videos let me know. Bobby Halton lives across the street from me ill tell him to quit acting like a Liberal tree hugger and show the videos.......lol
Kevin Shea said:

My first time hunting coyote, trying to make a video at the same time.  I am using a foxpro game caller, and setting the camera up to view the caller, but don't know if I will get the coyote in the picture frame if I am lucky enough to get a shot.  The caller will be about 100 yards away, open to suggestions.  This may be the first video that doesn't have a animal in it, but still trying.
I may have to get with you this next year to do some video for you; more hunting time also. I am hoping to retire from my regular job and work part time. I have done 26 years in the north end of the valley as a volunteer FF/EMT and a part of one on the lake. I recognize the backgrounds from your videos so know that we live close to each other. I started bow hunting three years ago but have not made a 100% conversion to traditional archery yet; still hunting with a bow with training wheels. I managed to reduce the whitetail overpopulation by three last season at a friends place. Planning a trip with some other FF this next fall for elk in MT. 

Hi Rod,

I am in Casper, WY tonight, made it here from Kalispell today.  It was a long drive, about 765 miles today.  I am heading to the firefighters hog hunt in TX.  I am meeting the Wensel brothers a few days early so we can put some corn out on the roads and get the hogs coming in.  You should try and make it next year I think it will be a good time.  Anytime you would like to get together to do some hunting let me know.  Where do you live?  The location of the bear hunt was in Manitoba, and the antelope hunt and mule deer was outside of Havre, MT, the sheep count was the Lemhi mountain range.  The elk hunt and whitetail hunt that will be up soon where from the Milk River and the Missouri Breaks.  I would love to join you and your friends if you want some company on a hunt.  I will let you know how the hog hunt goes.  Take care,

Kevin

Rod Schmidt said:

I may have to get with you this next year to do some video for you; more hunting time also. I am hoping to retire from my regular job and work part time. I have done 26 years in the north end of the valley as a volunteer FF/EMT and a part of one on the lake. I recognize the backgrounds from your videos so know that we live close to each other. I started bow hunting three years ago but have not made a 100% conversion to traditional archery yet; still hunting with a bow with training wheels. I managed to reduce the whitetail overpopulation by three last season at a friends place. Planning a trip with some other FF this next fall for elk in MT. 

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service