Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Off Duty with Kevin Shea

Information

Off Duty with Kevin Shea

A place for firefighters to share info and stories about hunting, fishing, and other outdoor pursuits.

Members: 26
Latest Activity: Nov 16, 2013

Discussion Forum

Camping with The Scouts 9 Replies

Continue

Started by Mike France. Last reply by Mike France May 1, 2011.

2011 Hog Hunt 6 Replies

Hi Everybody, if any of you are hunters I am sure the fall season has started throughout the country. I am deep into my bowhunting season, got my first antelope buck, now chasing elk and deer. In…Continue

Started by Kevin Shea. Last reply by Kevin Shea Mar 14, 2011.

hunting videos 7 Replies

Really like your videos but we never got to see the Antelope you took with your bow and does Fire Engineering not let you show the shot?Continue

Started by Scotty Stokes. Last reply by Kevin Shea Feb 10, 2011.

Africa 2011

Hey All, just booked Namibia, Africa bowhunt. I have some friends that live there, met them through the Professional Bowhunters Society(PBS) a few years ago. The ranch they own has been in their…Continue

Started by Kevin Shea Nov 28, 2010.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Off Duty with Kevin Shea to add comments!

Comment by Mike France on March 27, 2011 at 7:21pm
A retired member of the dept. sent me this today , 17 ft Diamondback rattle Snake , 160lbs 
Comment by Buster Cooper on March 27, 2011 at 9:19am

Kevin,

Enjoyed visting with you at FDIC this last week. You need to be making plans on coming to Arkansas to Bust-A-Duck this upcoming season with me.http://www.bustaduck.com This board is a great idea. Be Safe, Buster

Comment by Kevin Shea on February 22, 2011 at 12:37am

Hey Terry,

I am in Texas hunting hogs, just took a break to visit my parents in Dallas.  Firefighter hunt is going well, lots of hogs down, hope you make it next year.  Let me know if you put in for Montana draw, I would love to hook up for antelope, watch to make sure you don't miss any draw dates.  Talk to you soon,

Kevin

Comment by Mike France on January 20, 2011 at 9:50am
Well off to Klondike Deby this weekend with the Scouts where they will put thier skills to test as Patrols and it will be dam Cold -8 degrees
Comment by Sandra K. Ellis on November 24, 2010 at 11:42pm
Hello Kevin, long time no see. Remember I am in need of a bear skin for my bear collection. : ) Happy to see you are still doing what you love.
Comment by Kevin Shea on November 22, 2010 at 9:55am
Hey Beth, I will bring some, but I will try it first, you might not want it until I get it perfected, well, edible anyway.
Comment by Beth Kershner on November 21, 2010 at 12:23pm
Kevin - next thing you know you'll be tanning hides for "winter wear". Glad to see you are enjoying life to the fullest . Bring some of the jerky to FDIC. ;)
Comment by Kevin Shea on November 21, 2010 at 10:56am
Hey everyone, how is the Fall season going? I put the bow down for a week and switched to the rifle, got my first elk, a cow, a mule deer, two whitetail does, and a nice whitetail buck. It has been the most cutting and butchering I have ever done! I bought a pressure cooker and will teach myself to do some canning. I also picked up a dehydrator and will learn to make some jerky.
Comment by Jamie Morelock on October 19, 2010 at 7:32pm
Kevin, the new video was great.
Comment by Mike France on October 7, 2010 at 9:22am
Camping with the Scouts, Fall/Winter/ Sping / Summer

Members (25)

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service