Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Common Sense Firefighting Discussions (37)

← Back to Common Sense Firefighting
Featured Discussions

Positive Pressure Attack Challenge

PPV Challenge It is my belief that properly implemented PPA used for fire attack is the safest, quickest, most effective way to provide in…

Started by Phil JoseLatest Reply

How would you deal with this one as one of the first due compy officers or IC?

This is fire from the suburbs of Chicago in the mid 1970's. I think that the size of the building and the layout along with the fire situat…

Started by Jim MasonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fire Ground Communications

Group In the fire service training books, lectures and HOT classes we always hear about communications. If you "see something say something…

Started by Jim Mason

16 Apr 5, 2014
Reply by Eric Michael Ziegelhofer

Pre arrival assignments

Ok, here is a small attempt to get this group active again, does your dept have specific tasks for each arriving apparatus or are tasks a**…

Started by Brandon Krause

16 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Scott Thompson

Search Rope SOG/SOPs

Good Morning everyone...   I should probably re-introduce myself... became a member of these forums what seems like a long time ago, specif…

Started by Matt Erdman

0 Feb 8, 2011

When things go wrong

I know jeff will appreciatte this , A month ago we had what you could consider a average call for a Dumspter fire, report from dispatch st…

Started by Mike France

4 Jun 29, 2010
Reply by Mark Wadsworth

Interesting Fire Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b5cjNnEWEk -While looking around the internet for training videos I came across this one. I'm interested i…

Started by Michael Bricault (ret)

4 Jan 31, 2010
Reply by Tom Hofland

Multiple Victim Removals via Portable Ladders

This is another video I'd like to hear some commentary about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUKcStxqQrw&NR=1

Started by Michael Bricault (ret)

2 Dec 8, 2009
Reply by Brandon Krause

Nozzle choice

Smooth bore vs. fog. Which do you prefer and why? Does your answer change with the diameter? Does your answer change with application such…

Started by Aj Bonnett

3 Sep 28, 2009
Reply by Shareef Abdu Nur

Firefighting "grenade"

I posted this in an other group also, to get alot of different opinions. I'm extremely interested to hear your views on this "new technolog…

Started by Joe Pantaleo

10 Aug 10, 2009
Reply by Ian Bruzenak

Officer Question

What are the knowledge, skills and abilites (KSA's) of an effective company officer, engine or truck?

Started by Jim Mason

28 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by M

Positive Pressure Attack Challenge

PPV Challenge It is my belief that properly implemented PPA used for fire attack is the safest, quickest, most effective way to provide in…

Started by Phil Jose

29 Jul 2, 2009
Reply by Mike Walker

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service