Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

All Discussions Tagged 'firefighter' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to Become a Firefighter

Fire Engineering How to Become a Firefighter.  Many theories exist on the right path to follow to be successful at becoming a career firefi…

Started by Craig Freeman

2 Mar 28, 2016

How Do You Define Firefighter Fit?

Most people, when asked this question, will normally think about how much weight they can lift or if the are overweight or not.  I argue th…

Started by Aaron Zamzow

9 May 23, 2015
Reply by Eric C.

Here's What We Forget When We "Never Forget"

Another year has come and gone, and we firefighters have paused to remember the brave 343 who gave their lives on that spectacularly horrif…

Started by John Mitchell

1 Nov 4, 2014
Reply by Art "Chief Reason" Goodrich

We Should Be Hearing All About Mike Behette Today, Rather Than Knowing So Much About the Navy Yard Shooter.

Here we go again.   By now, we know way too much about the coward with anger management issues who killed a dozen innocent people yesterday…

Started by John Mitchell

0 Sep 17, 2013

Personal Situational Awareness - "The Mayonnaise Jar and Two Cups of Coffee"

Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to chat with a nationally-known fire service legend.  How fortunate for me to be one of the two g…

Started by John Mitchell

1 Sep 28, 2012

To Workout or Not? When and what type of workouts do you do on shift?

This is a major concern for the fire rescue athlete,. On one hand we know we should be working out to stay and get fit for duty. Yet , if w…

Started by Aaron Zamzow

6 Aug 6, 2012
Reply by Michael Bricault (ret)

Excellent Example of How Collaboration Should Work

On Firehouse Zen today I posted a reflection on the collaborative effort undertaken by the Seattle and Raleigh Fire Departments to use the…

Started by Michael "Mick" Mayers

3 Jul 12, 2011

Light Law for each State or Province.

I would just like a few questions answered without the (no they shouldn't be used - yes they should be used) I am just trying to collect in…

Started by Art Sutherland

3 May 8, 2011
Reply by Ken Scofield

HONOR THEIR SACRIFICES

ITS MORE THAN OUR NAME...IT'S OUR MISSION When a firefighter dies in the line-of-duty, the fire service (both collectively and as individu…

Started by John Barrett

0 Nov 18, 2008

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service