Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

So what can i say , outstanding day of Classes at NYS Chiefs, was able sit and listen to some excellent people speck, I got to meet the Chief of Chiefs also Ret.Chief Brunicini, he came into Chief Salkas Talk today on The Fireground Commander , let me tell i was blown away to sit next to the gentleman. Chief Salka sparked a fire inside of me thou and i took what he  talked about today and applied it , Now mind you i am traveling back and forth from the Chiefs Show and Tonight end up getting a Structure call and what he talked to us about worked , COMMUNICATION , it works .

Let's see what Thursday brings , by listening to Chief Lasky and sneaking into Bobby Haltons classes [ who would figure two guys i really want to listen to scheduled at the same time, and of Course Chief Goldfeder, Firday the big roundtalbe with all these guys and Saturday , i understand That Mike Dugan will be speaking , talking about the House that Rocks .

NYS Chiefs did a great job this year.

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wish I could have taken the week off from work and went, I would have loved to have heard the talk from all of those guys.  Maybe one day I will be able to plan for the week off and go, but for now, Im stuck in the 9-5er routine!! lol

Have fun and enjoy the show chief, take back lots of knowledge learned and share it with us here, I know I would appreciate it.

Day 2 , Met Bobby Halton and shake his hand, took Chief lasky's class and was blown away great job , so many ideas to work on after his class, all i can say it was honor to met these guys , thanks

Friday , time to take in the Show and see what new toys they are pushing , 2 items to look at Rehab Items and Gear

Next year they need to get Art Goodrich and Bill Greenwood  up here , these guys up here  would love to hear them

Mike France said:

Day 2 , Met Bobby Halton and shake his hand, took Chief lasky's class and was blown away great job , so many ideas to work on after his class, all i can say it was honor to met these guys , thanks

Friday , time to take in the Show and see what new toys they are pushing , 2 items to look at Rehab Items and Gear

Have to say what makes this even better , is that while being at State Chiefs , the Crew of South Schenectady in a 2 day period ran 4 calls [ 2 of which were Structure calls] and perform and did the job , while i was away and did a great job, i got several calls saying this.

I guess we are getting our "Pride and Ownership'' back .

Well Day 3 is over , was a little late to the early classes today, but made the Round table for awhile, hats off to NYSAFC for a Job well done. came away from this with a lot of ideas , now the hard part to convince the aging members of the Board that change is needed , It's 2011 , not 1960 .

On the bright side , we purchased a new Rig there, and yes i bought a Pink t Shirt to wear to show my support for Cancer Awareness , I even bough for every FF a Cancer awareness Sticker to put on their helmets [ of course out of my pocket]..

Mike,

I would be honored to be part of the line-up.  Thanks for the vote of confidence! 

Bill Greenwood (FETC)

"Tap the Box"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service