Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

We all know its the unofficial language of firefighters. Why does a word offend anyway? And who in the corn ball crap decided to let the non cussers, the ultra higly offendable ones make the rules?

Mother Puss bucket, they even have done studies that people listen better when explatives are used. It's colorful, many times humorous. And Cheese and Rice, we all know good cussing is revered as an art form, and rightfully so.

So now if you don't respond, you my friend, are a lilly livered, pond scum wallowing, bull butter snivelling, dung heap!

Views: 159

Replies to This Discussion

Mike you know as well as others this is an art form I have down well. Really though I responded because I don't want to be a lilly livered, pond scum wallowing, bull butter snivelling, dung heap!
Nothing is wrong as long as you're not at an aldermanic meeting asking for them to approve a budget! It's the Fire Service way, Tradition you could say! I'm definately not all of that Okie stuff at the bottom..lol

Stay Safe!
Jeff
Nothing is F****** wrong w/ it. Its all in how you use it and the inflection you put w/ it. Now for some reason management thinks we're suppose to be this "Patron of the community." They fail to remember that we are "BLUE COLLAR."
I too believe that a well placed "F" bomb helps with inflection and sometimes motivation, especially to those that seem to have more bone density in their heads and less gray matter. Like my esteemed colleage Mr. DePoto, I believe that we are in a blue collar job that is usually covered with the soot, tar and blood from trying to do the best job we can possibly do. If your virgin ears are offended, I apologize; but get the F*** over it. Pond Scum? Ouch Mike....such language from you.....

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service