Where firefighters come to talk training

Here's a couple to get started

1. There are no time-outs or do-overs in this buisness
2. Nothing great was ever accomplished without enthusiasm -- Emerson
3. No one respects the flame like the fool who's badly burned -- Pete Townsend
4. To go nowhere, follow the crowd
5. It only takes a solitary light to lead a thousand ships in from the darkness
6. Anger is only 1 letter short of danger
7. Do not follow in the footsteps of others, instead, create a new trail and leave a path

many more to follow
stay safe

Views: 8192

Replies to This Discussion

Here is one of my favorite quotes, Can’t remember who said it.

We are not free, separate, nor independent entities but link in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us, and showed us the way.
here a few more from the great George S Patton.

A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood.

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

If we take the generally accepted definition of bravery as a quality which knows no fear, I have never seen a brave man. All men are frightened. The more intelligent they are, the more they are frightened.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
Seems to me the basic conflict between men and women, sexually, is that men are like firemen. To men, sex is an emergency, and no matter what we're doing we can be ready in two minutes. Women, on the other hand, are like fire. They're very exciting, but the conditions have to be exactly right for it to occur. ~Jerry Seinfeld

Remember in elementary school you were told that in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single file from smallest to tallest? What is the logic in that? What, do tall people burn slower? ~Warren Hutcherson

When man invented fire, he didn't say, "Hey, let's cook." He said, "Great, now we can see naked bottoms in the dark." ~Steven Moffat,
As our elders pass on from the future they have created, we find ourselves as young as we may think, become the elders that replace them. it is with their sacrifices that we may learn from, to create a future for us as generous and giving as theirs !
just made this one up for all the truckies --
"There's no business like truck business"
Chief

I don't know how to respond to that.....
Here is a quote from Chief Halton that he made during a strategies and tactics class I sat in recently. We were discussing incident priorties. "If you don't know where the fire is you don't know s**t." It is so simple, yet says so much...
It is better to look where you’re going than to see where you’ve been.

Better to be the tail of the lion than the head of the mouse.

Excuses are the nails that build the house of failure.

THE PHILOSOPHY OF DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL
To sprint relentlessly after the ball and arrive there in a foul mood.

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Stay safe
AA
-We’d still live in caves, if we didn’t move forward.
-If you keep looking back you’ll never see what’s coming.
DON'T be the next one, BE safe!
Richard
I like this one! It might be because it is mine LOL

REMEMBER BE SAFE & TRAIN AS TRAINING WILL SAVE LIVES!
Great beauty, great strength, and great riches are really and truly of no great use; a right heart exceeds all. - Benjamin Franklin
Time for a few more

An authority is only an authority if he has all the information
Otherwise, he’s an idiot with a big mouth

Make the hard decision
Don’t make the decision hard
If you waffle over the decision in this business, you will be eaten alive

Wishing for something to happen is a lot different than working to make it happen

The best things are not for sale

Never give away your power to other people’s opinions

One last one
"The God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister -- Bono

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service