Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Views: 346

Replies to This Discussion

great pictures, do the scouts have any badges you can earn for archery? Are you able to get in touch with other firefighters that are scout leaders?
Yes they do , They can earn a Archery Merit badge at Summer Camp along with Rilfe and Shotgun they must be 13 yrs of age .
Those are great pictures, how often do you get together to camp? Do you guys travel all over to camp, or mostly stay local?
We travel locally to Scout Camps here in New York , we actually thinking of going to New hampsire in the Spring , we plan on camping at West Point this Summer
Great Pictures Mike , So i understand Brandon got nominated to the OA and was passed by the Scouts to be tapped out , Congrads to my new grandson
Well I passed my certification to be a Asst. Scoutmaster after camping out for the weekend. Now you need to imagine 15 grown adults , forming a scout patrol pitching tents in the dark, building a fire [ to cook and keep warm around] , doing everything a scout is made to do from Knots to First Aid . Was a great weekend .
I have to tell you that many guys enjoy hunting camp almost as much as the hunting, still practicing the same kinds of skills scouts use, no matter how old we are.
ha ha , should have seen me at training , pitching a tent in the dark, that was testing my skills

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service