Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

What are the 5 top issues facing you this year in training. If you've identified any solutions for your top 5, please share them to help others who are probably facing similar ones. Here's a few that might help get you started:

Performance Based Training Systems
Officer Training Programs
New Driver and On-going training for drivers (don't forget the pumping part)
Probationary periods
Return to Duty Programs

Views: 309

Replies to This Discussion

My department is very similar to Kaz's. Zest for training is not a problem. We focus on the basics and allow our company officers time to drill on the needs of that particular company. The challenge is to ensure time that EMS recertification and special operations drills are covered so we are always "run ready"
Hey Rick;
Any chance we can link up to the Getting Started Handbook? I think it would be valuable for others to see if you are able to share.
Sure it would be great to share. Let me scan it in at the fire house over the next few shifts.

Stay Safe,

Rick
I can't find this.....
Scott

Try this

http://firefighterclosecalls.com/weeklydrills.php

Brian Kazmierzak
FirefighterCloseCalls AV & Close Call Editor
Scott

Try this

http://firefighterclosecalls.com/weeklydrills.php">http://firefighterclosecalls.com/weeklydrills.php

Brian Kazmierzak
FirefighterCloseCalls AV & Close Call Editor
Great stuff that I will use!

I truly appreciate all of your hard work and commitment to this, the Daily Quick Drills and all of the other projects you are involved in.....too many to mention. FFCC is an outstanding resource committed to saving firefighters lives, I hope all of our Training Brothers will take advantage of what you guys put out there for all of us to use.

Keep up the great work and if Lewisville can ever help, please don't hesitate to call Chief L. or myself.

Enough of that, what is the next topic up for discussion?
You already jumped on the new one on what keeps you up, nice.

Upcoming one's are your personal reading list, which "compliance area" matters most (ISO, accreditation, NFPA, other) and a whole series on training ground management. Trying to get more people posting and on board is a big challenge now.

THANKS for frequent contributions. Don't be affraid to post a forum question too.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service