Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I just picked up my new truckie belt from my saddle maker. I gave him a few ideas and he ran with it. I must say I am overly pleased with his work. I held it up to a Boston leather when I got home and the difference was immediately obvious. The best thing was when I asked him how much he took about 5 minutes to figure it out and it appeared he felt bad about the price. He then said $18.00..... I told him $30 is overly fair and that's what im going to pay him. So im posting this here if any one wants one let me know. It would be $30 plus a couple bucks shipping in a flat rate envelope. You have to love the Amish for their pricing and craftsmanship..

Views: 1023

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

That is a very nice looking belt brother! I agree the Amish do excellent work and are fair with the money. Wish more of America followed their values!

A guy could order a axe sheath to slide on there if he wanted or could he make something like that?
Oh definitely, I cant see any reason why he couldn't make an axe sheath, and knowing him im sure he would only charge about $5 to $10 for it. I recently had him make me a pair of suspender or gilis as they call them and they turned out great as well he leather worked in the I.A.F.F. emblem on the back. I will try to post a pic of them tomorrow but he only charged $30 for them also. I figure so far I have easily saved over a $100 having them custom made,cant say that everyday:)
Take care brother

Brad Hoff said:
That is a very nice looking belt brother! I agree the Amish do excellent work and are fair with the money. Wish more of America followed their values!

A guy could order a axe sheath to slide on there if he wanted or could he make something like that?
Those I can't wait to see!
Hears

the pics of the suspenders, sorry I didnt do a good job on the photos I had almost forgot to do them but remembered right at shift change. So needles to say I didnt spend alot of time getting a "good" shot

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service