Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

With new firefighters coming in and no chain saw knowledge what can we do? The PVC chalk saw was good in the beginning but really only gives you 1 point of training. There is a new training tool called Vent Marker. With needing to give more in training this tool allows the recruit to fill the weight, how they will balance, and ergonomics, all while using the same saw that is on the truck or engine. Check out the web site it is still work in progress but you'll get the picture. www.Ventmarker.com What other training for ventilation practice is out there?

Views: 2444

Replies to This Discussion

Here is an easy to make vent marking trainer we got from FDIC online. You could rprobably fill it with sand or gravel to get the weight of the type of saw you are using .

This is what Vent Marker replaced. In all of these discussions everyone has said nothing beats the real thing or what can get you closer to the real thing. Vent Marker was made to fit your saw so from the beginning you feel the real thing. The PVC chalk saw is OK, but why when you can get more out of training with Vent Mark training aid?
Andrew

I understand you are trying to inform us of the product that you have developed but some people just may want to make their own. I think it looks like a great product and is a useful training tool. I was only offering some other options as suggestions.
Please don't take it as I was being aggrasive in my statement. I understand what you where saying.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service