Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I am looking for some good ideas on the PR front. I have a few ideas I have been toying around with, and wondered what other depts. might be doing. Weather its getting involved in soup kitchens toy drives or anything else, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just an update for all of you who helped with some great ideas. We just finished up a summer reading program for inner city kids. I have mixed feelings on how well it went over. It was difficult getting the kids to read on their own time even with incentives, cant really say I blame them though when we were kids the last thing we wanted to do over summer break was read. I wish more of the guys would have helped out with the project, but every dream starts some where, next year maybe more guys will hop on, im hoping this builds every year. We have also went forward with a "fill the helmet campaign" similar to the fill the boot for the mda. However we are doing this one to benefit our local soup kitchen and food pantry, this will be taking place in two weeks so I will keep you all posted on how it works out. We are planing on useing alot more of the ideas you guys gave over the next year, thanks again for your help.
Fraternaly
Shawn Tibbitts

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service