Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Looking for information on Fire Training facilities

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out our website...... http://www.certc.net
As Brent commented, what kind of info are you looking for? Does your department respond principally to urban incidents or more rural types. Do you want a multiple scenario layout or specific set-ups? What about water supply and environmentally friendly used agent disposal and/or recovery. You can get designs for facilities that can be used for a wide range of exercises. the principal factor for any training facility is how much is your department (or municipality) willing to invest. If you are in an area with a strong mutual aid structure, you may be able to share costs.
This discussion is ripe for active participation.
Keep safe out there.
Take a look at www.firefacilities.com. We offer steel fire training towers ranging from a mobile unit to multi-story towers.
Mike,

Our department has a fire training facility and we also have a Fire Facilities Tower. Which would you like information on? Our website (www.kvfd.net) has some pictures of the facility but they are a couple years old and improvements have been made.

I also agree with George, this could be a very active discussion. If you are starting from scratch I would also look at the area you have available to build on and possible room for expansion. Are you looking for what kind of props that we think a facility should have available? Just thinking myself about posting to see what suggestions people might have. I'm looking forward to seeing how this post does.

Walt.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service