Safety
Prevention Intervention
Rit
FF1- 2
SCBA
Command & Control
What do you need
Bio:
Jim Duffy has been a firefighter for over 30 years, a career firefighter for 20, and has served as Shift Commander in the Wallingford Fire Department since the year 2000. He Started, and is an ex-captain with the Mineola FD on Long Island in NY. He is nationally certified Fire Instructor. Duffy lectures extensively throughout Connecticut and New York on a variety of firefighting subjects; Jim is also an adjunct instructor for Middlesex County Regional Fire School. Jim is a member of Ricci Associates and is on the peer review board for firefightersafety.net. Shift Commander Duffy is a co-author for several articles published in firefighter trade magazines both in Canada and the U.S., as well as several DVDs available at Fire Engineering books & videos, including the best-selling Tactical perspective series. He was the Division Chief in charge of the Yale School of Medicine Survivability study on the Last Chance SCBA Backup Filter. Jim co-hosts “Fireground Strategies and other Stuff from the Street”, with Anthony Avillo on Fire Engineering Talk Radio. Jim can be contacted at Shift1Commander@comcast.net
Web site:
http://www.WallingfordFire.com

Comment Wall:

• Jim Duffy

Hey Frank I am about to upload seminar poster as ajpg see if it works
  • joseph Mule

Hey See the boys in the photo? You wanna get whacked?
  • John Salka

Jim,
    Stop by anytime you come through the Bronx. Give me a call on my cell to see if I am working. Yes I still want to look at the final product. Talk to you soon.
    John
  • ed cancro

HEY DUFF JUST GETTING USED TO CHECKING MAIL. ILL WRIYE SOON
    EDDIE
  • Bob Gilhuly

Right back at yah Duff. Stay out of the Dubliner tonight.
  • Chris Pepler

Jim,
    I just formed a new group called Flashovers. Any input from a man of your caliber is greatly appreciated.
    Chris
  • Jonathan Kappel

Yea looks like some good stuff. Ill have to browse through it a little. As of now Im not going to the opener but ill be in the area hoping to get some tickets.
  • Chris Pepler

I could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jason Emery

Jim,

Sorry for the delay in responding. First time I had a chance to log into the system in about a week. By the way nice job on the SCBA program
  • John Salka

Jim,
    I did get the email and it took a LONG time to download but would not open. What next?
  • Tim Olk

Fdphotounit@aol.com
  • James Ricci Jr.

Your mug is the last thing that I would be looking at while doing my business.
  • Chris Pepler

I'm going out Wednesday @ 11:00.........look forward to having some cocktails with you and talking fire service with you........ The only problem is I do not know who talks more.....You or me.....I cannot get a word in with you..
  • Christi Haymore

Thanks! I'll see what I can do about a patch:) It shouldn't be a problem. When I get I'll get back to you for an address.
  • Christi Haymore

This year they came up with what they call it a "widget" You post on any community page you have or email and has the donate link. Yep, get back to me and I'll help ya out, no problem. This town isn't gonna know what to do when they see the fundraising ideas Casey (she's the Hooters girl dressed in gear in one of my pics) and I have come up with and you better believe my FD guys are involved. I have a feeling it is gonna be like one big FOOLS party after another till Oct. lol! Have fun at FDIC!
  • David Ebel

• Christi Haymore

I have a patch for you:) I an address to send it to.
  • Todd McKee

Yes I must AGREE with you 100% and I am proud to say that I am a FIREFIGHTER
  • William J. Massey

Hi Duff,

I'm on the WFD safety committee(first meeting on Mon 11/24) and I signed up for another committee but for the life of me I can't remember which one it was.?!
    What were the other committees?
    Bill