Paid fire department
Top issues in your department:
Safe Staffing, Health and Safety
Professional Qualifications:
Fire Instructor I, FOII, Pump Operator, HAZ-MAT Tech., EMT
Topics you provide training for:
Extrication, RIT OPS, Building Construction, Occupant protection Systems
Areas of expertise:
Not an expert, but spend lots of time researching and studying, Extrication, Occupant Protection Systems, Safe Staffing
Bio:
Chris Pepler has over 18 years of experience in the fire service. He has been a career firefighter with the City of Torrington (CT) for the past eight years.

Chris has been a certified fire service instructor since 1997 and is a member of the International Society of Fire Service Instructors (ISFSI). He is an instructor for the Connecticut Fire Academy and the Wolcott State Fire Training School.

Chris is the Director of Training for Emergency Training Solutions, LLC (ETS). As such, he is responsible for the coordination of all on site training services to customers throughout the U.S. He Co-authored the ETS Vehicle Extrication Program
He has lectured extensively on the subject of Vehicle Occupant Protection Systems and Vehicle Extrication.

He has served as a Union Official for the past 5 years and is currently the Union President.
Web site:
http://www.etsrescue.com

Comment Wall:

Load Previous Comments
  • Joe berchtold

Chris First of all we need to change our mind set when it comes to flashover. We go to a lot of fires that show signs of rapid fire development (I.E. Flashover) but rarely have a flashover. So we start to believe this will be the norm when it is the farthest from the truth. All too often we see the signs but don’t act on them and then flashover happens and firefighters get injured, burned or die. We need to learn to read smoke better as well as spend time in a flashover container learning the signs and practice looking for them. Instead of the tunnel vision approach we take now. We need to expect the worst and be happy when it doesn’t happen, not the other way around. We need to know that we will see more and more violent fires in our career and have to make some really hard decisions that some don’t deserve the risk we l take. If not, Flashovers and rapid fire development will continue to take firefighters lives.
  • David Ebel

Please allow me to invite you to a site designed by responders for responders... the crew that is doing it is CISM multilevel trained and are there for the guys after the bad calls. It helps the responders that do not yet have a team or would be worried that they asking for help would be seen as weakness. Please join and share it when you can. As a chaplain with over 25 years of service to fire departments I am excited with it's potential to provide support.

Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
    Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
  • Mark Sicuso

hey buddy - hope all is well!! Chief is well! hows things with you?? be safe