Department:
Cosumnes Fire Department
Title/rank:
Battalion Chief
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Professional Qualifications:
California Firefighter I, II and Certified Fire Officer, Chief Officer, Fire Instructor III
Topics you provide training for:
I manage the Training Division for a 150+ personnel department.
Areas of expertise:
Structural firefighting, fire ground pumping, extrication, command and control, management, and level I instructor.
Bio:
I joined the Fire Service as a Reserve in 1983. I have been employed full time since 1988. I have held the ranks of Firefighter, Lieutenant, Captain and Battalion Chief. I am a Registered Instructor with the California State Fire Marshals Office and am a Department Training Officer. I don't really like working days but I love the Fire Service, and I am trying to do my part to reduce Line of Duty Deaths.

Comment Wall:

• Jonathan Kaye

Dear Sean,

Will you be at the CTC meeting at FDIC on Apr 10? I'll be there so perhaps we'll run into each other. As Brian was saying in his post, I think the discussion/networking will really take off after that meeting.
  • Christi Haymore

That is the one thing I am missing living on the West coast.....waves:)
  • Christi Haymore

Tried it once here and just got my butt kicked, too rough. We stick to water skiing and wake boarding.
    Thanks about the walk, I am really excited and hope to do it every year from now on.
  • Jonathan Kaye

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it to FDIC. The CTC meeting was a good start--I wrote a couple of things about it in the Command Training Center group.
  • David Ebel

Please allow me to invite you to a site designed by responders for responders... the crew that is doing it is CISM multilevel trained and are there for the guys after the bad calls. It helps the responders that do not yet have a team or would be worried that they asking for help would be seen as weakness. Please join and share it when you can. As a chaplain with over 25 years of service to fire departments I am excited with it's potential to provide support.

Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
    Chaplain David Ebel
  • Rick Lasky

Thanks brother!! Keep the faith pal!

be safe,

Rick
  • Dave Dodson

Congrats Sean! Keep up the good work - and thanks for making it more safe out there!
  • chris conforti

Hi Sean, thank you for getting back to me. That would be great if you can send me that list, I would really appreciate it. My e-mail is confortifire@yahoo.com.

Thank You,
    Chris
  • Tim Zehnder

Thats cool it would be great to here from them and see how far back we have to go to see were the Zehnder connection comes from. Be Safe.
  • Larry Glover

The couple you traveled with wasn't a Battalion Chief from Shelby was it? My Batt. Chief adopted a child from China a couple of years ago.
  • Dave Dodson

Nice shots Sean. Hope all is well with Consumnes FD...

thanks for helping to make it safe out there!
    -Dave
  • Michael J. Anderson

Sean,

Hello there, I see that you posted in the past about CAFS. I have posted a reply on another thread. Please check it out. Please feel free to contact me with any of your questions. I believe that I can help you out.

...Michael Anderson
  • Larry Glover

No Sir. It was out in the county, the volunteer depts. handled it. It's been about 2 months since we've had a job. Business is slow.
  • Christian Cossey

How;s it going?
  • Christian Cossey

That is crazy about the college thing lol. Yeah, I've been on the pain killers for a while now, since the original injury. Sometimes I stop taking them for a week or two and I feel myself get kinda shaky for a day or two, so I won't be taking that many. I've decided I will be returning to the service after my physical rehab, so most likely the summer of next year.
  • Christian Cossey

Man my doctor upped my pain killers to morphine pills. So now I'm on morphine pills, norco pain killers, vicodin, xanax and soma. I feel like I'm in a constant la la land. This sucks. No pain, but still sucks feeling this way.