Paid fire department
Professional Qualifications:
TCFP Officer I, Instructor III, HazMat Tech, Driver/operator
Topics you provide training for:
Hazmat, Driver/operator, CAFS

Comment Wall:

Load Previous Comments
  • Les Stephens

Doing well, how have you been? I haven't been as involved in the Association stuff so I haven't seen you in a while.
  • Les Stephens

Congratulations on the new kid!!! Yes, we are teaching two classes this year, Suspended Ceilings and Tricks of the Trade. We leave on Monday and come back next Saturday. Stay safe, and keep in touch.
  • Sean Stumbaugh

Hey Mike,

We have CAFS on all of our first out engines. We have never received any formal training on using CAFS for interior operations. We know how to make water, foam and air come out, but we are looking for an opinion on the actual application of CAF on interior fires. From what I have read I think we should be using foam, but not at reduced flows. I am getting the finishing touches on an SOP and lesson plans for drills coming up in August.

I thought maybe you would like to chime in on how much water you actually flow with CAFS in 1 3/4" and 2 1/2" lines.

Any help is appreciated!

Sean

Also: check out the pictures on my page. The fire that is shown was fought using CAFS. The first line off was a 2 1/2" CAFS line. The knock down was quick and we made a good stop. We were however attacking from defensive positions. We did stop it from getting inside the house.

Take care!