Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Mark Gregory's Discussions (2)

Discussions Replied To (14) Replies Latest Activity

"I am a firm believer in butting the ladder from the front. I like the safety factor…"

Mark Gregory replied Aug 10, 2008 to How committed is your department to achieving proficiency with ground ladders?

35 Jun 23, 2009
Reply by Eric Myers

"In the FDNY "militia" we ride with five firefighters and an officer per truck compan…"

Mark Gregory replied May 28, 2008 to Riding positions

2 May 28, 2008
Reply by Mark Gregory

"In the FDNY, 2nd due truck is the floor above truck. We make contact with the 1st du…"

Mark Gregory replied May 10, 2008 to Duties and Responsibilities of the Second-Due Truck Company

2 May 10, 2008
Reply by Mark Gregory

"I do agree with your points. My personal preference is not swinging the tool but, us…"

Mark Gregory replied May 7, 2008 to The Art of "VES" Vent Enter Search

27 Jun 20, 2008
Reply by Barry Aptt

"From the inside they are easy to take. We have found that by bending the street sign…"

Mark Gregory replied Apr 22, 2008 to Topics in Forcible Entry for Truck Companies

57 May 19, 2010
Reply by don johnson

"They are made of lightweight steel and are hung several different ways. One way is u…"

Mark Gregory replied Apr 22, 2008 to Topics in Forcible Entry for Truck Companies

57 May 19, 2010
Reply by don johnson

"What do you think of these. They are VPS Windows and are replacing Traditional HUD W…"

57 May 19, 2010
Reply by don johnson

"As far as the window gates go, there are several methods of attack. First of all, wh…"

57 May 19, 2010
Reply by don johnson

"Let me start off by saying the FDNY is an exotic entity. Ladder 111 is even more rar…"

Mark Gregory replied Apr 22, 2008 to Responsibilities and Considerations for the Truck Co. Senior Firefighter

16 Oct 9, 2008
Reply by Michael Bricault (ret)

"In my house, the engine generally goes in ahead of the truck. They secure a hydrant…"

Mark Gregory replied Mar 19, 2008 to Truck and Engine Company Coordination on the Fireground

5 Mar 21, 2008
Reply by David DeStefano

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service