Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Start Water Discussions (67)

← Back to Start Water
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Solid Stream Nozzles

I would like to start a discussion specifically on solid stream/smooth bore nozzles. I am interested in what size nozzles are being used as…

Started by Bob Shovald

22 Jan 18, 2010
Reply by Russ Chapman

Best way to stretch on a porch

We had a small fire the other night requiring us to stretch a hoseline onto a narrow porch with entry from the side. Although the stretch w…

Started by Tim Linke

3 Nov 14, 2009
Reply by Shareef Abdu Nur

"Cleveland Load" high rise packs

Wondering if anyone out there is actually using the 'Cleveland load' as a highrise pack? If you are how are you packing it? Any success or…

Started by Jeremy Williams

1 Nov 11, 2009
Reply by Eric Myers

Taking the hydrant

I am interested in finding out how other departments take thier hydrants. We use 5" hose with stroz connections. We fold the end of the hos…

Started by Bob Shovald

31 Oct 22, 2009
Reply by Shareef Abdu Nur

Booster Water for Structural Fires

Do you use it? If you do what are your parameters for using it?

Started by Ray McCormack

19 Oct 18, 2009
Reply by Dan Rice

Pistol Grip Nozzles - Love em or Leave em?

Do you have Pistol Grip Nozzles on your apparatus? Do you use the grip? When do you use it? If you do not use it why not?

Started by Ray McCormack

23 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by Russ Chapman

Apartment House Fires

How do you insure that you have enough hose to reach the fire apartment on the fourth floor? How much hose is needed inside the building? T…

Started by Ray McCormack

34 Sep 5, 2009
Reply by Serena Ellis

Drilling on stretching in actual occupancies

Perhaps this seems like a silly post, but I'm wondering if anyone actually practices stretching their hoselines in anything other than a dr…

Started by Tim Linke

6 Jun 17, 2009
Reply by Jim Miller

What "Rules" Do You Believe Must be Followed In The Engine?

This is the 50th thread for the Start Water group. No other group has as many topics or responses.

Started by Ray McCormack

12 Jun 15, 2009
Reply by Kristopher Holien

Firefighting "grenade"

I'm extremely interested to hear some views on this piece of "brand new technology." Here's a series of videos on thier website. The site a…

Started by Joe Pantaleo

0 Jun 12, 2009

RSS

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2021   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service