Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

High-Rise Fire Group Discussions (30)

← Back to High-Rise Fire Group
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The best 21/2" light-weight hose?

Gents, We have been field testing light-weight 21/2" hose for stand-pipe operations. The two types we have tested thus far have fallen sho…

Started by Art Zern

14 Mar 19, 2009
Reply by Mike Walker

High pressure PRVs

In my city we have a fire code which specifies spring operated PRV's set at a discharge pressure of 165 psi. This has created an interestin…

Started by Tom Hofland

17 Feb 6, 2009
Reply by Russ Chapman

How do you Stretch and Advance Your Attack Lines?

Denver Pack, Bundle Fold, Metro-Fold? What does your department use when it comes time to get the hose ready to advance when all you have i…

Started by Mike Walker

32 Jan 24, 2009
Reply by Art Zern

What is your department's procedure for pumping into the Standpipe System?

As with so many other items in our business, when it comes to Standpipes there are multiple schools of thought as it pertains to when the F…

Started by Mike Walker

5 Jan 18, 2009
Reply by Mike Walker

2 1/2" gated wyes

I wanted to know if any depts are using a 2 1/2" to two 2 1/2" outlet gated wyes for the hookups (to the standpipe outlet) to allow for one…

Started by Ian Bruzenak

6 Jan 2, 2009
Reply by Mike Walker

Pictures and Videos

So many of you are using pictures in your posts and that depict fantastic information. I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread w…

Started by Mike Walker

1 Jan 1, 2009
Reply by L. Chapel

A Smoothbore is a Smoothbore is a Smoothbore, Right?

Recently a discussion in the Start Water Group go me to thinking. I know several of our discussions have been about nozzle choice, mainly s…

Started by Mike Walker

2 Nov 11, 2008
Reply by Daryl Liggins

Combination Standpipe/Sprinkler Systems: Have you encountered problems?

Recently we were doing training in a small mid-rise building here in OKC. We were pumping into the system at the FDC. Everything was going…

Started by Mike Walker

1 Aug 25, 2008
Reply by Bob Franklin

Training for High-Rise Operations

Hopefully within the next few months, my department will start training on our new High-Rise SOP, the new equipment, and High-Rise Tactics.…

Started by Mike Walker

3 Aug 18, 2008

LDH to supply FDC

Just wondering if any of your departments use LDH to supply FDC? I am against it unless you have "attack LDH" due to the pressures involved…

Started by Russ Chapman

6 Jun 9, 2008
Reply by Russ Chapman

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service