Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I will be hosting a radio Podcast with Fire Engineering called Real Stories from the Fireground. As the host, I will be looking for true events from your fire department that tells an interesting story and intersects with “lessons learned”

I will be seeking other events that will be interesting, educational and tell a story about your response. If you have one or know of a department that has a story with all of those attributes, please have them contact me at j.k.murphy@comcast.net

I cannot guarantee that all will be told but we will make a worthy effort to tell your true story and teach the remainder of the fire service your learned lessons.

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Outstanding , I'm looking forward to this
We recorded the first Real Stories from the Fireground podcast yesterday with Chief Matt Cowan from Snoqualmie Pass Fire & Rescue (WA) on an ice cave collapse trapping two hikers. Listen next week to this exciting, challenging and complicated rescue.

I am looking for more stories for you to tell. Please contact me at my email address at j.k.murphy@comcast.net and we can place you on the schedule.

I have lined up the following fire chiefs and firefighters over the next couple of months:

Chief John Sinclair - grain elevator rescue in Ellensburg WA

Chief Mike France - dumping of hazardous material on country roads in upstate NY

Chief Gregory Dean, Seattle Fire Department (WA) - lessons learned on Public Relations resulting from a multiple fatality fire in Seattle

Chief Mario Trevino (Ret) Bellevue Fire on dealing with firefighter cancer - his personal story.

Bill Shouldis deputy chief with the Philadelphia (PA) Fire Department (a frequent Fire Engineering Commentator and FDIC Instructor)

Email me and sign up to tell your Real Story from the Fireground

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service