Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Does the New Yorker really sit lower if you take the round pad out of it? Do you still leave the straps in and just take out the pad? I've had mine for awhile and love it but would like it to sit a bit lower. I'm just nervous to take the pad out if it's not going to lower it or make it uncomfortable

Views: 660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I took the pad out of mine and yes it does sit lower. But I dont know about taking the straps out for that I am in the same boat as you.

Is it still comfortable without the pad?

Tom Brown said:

I took the pad out of mine and yes it does sit lower. But I dont know about taking the straps out for that I am in the same boat as you.

I love it

I have had the pad out of my N6A for years now and it does ride lower and fits much better. I have done it to both of mine and love it. now I am in Ohio so just have experience with the Sam Houston but imagin the concept is the same

yes take the pad out but DO NOT take out the straps. that is your protection ... I have both N5A and N6A. 

agreed, take the pad out but don't touch the straps.  there should also be a plastic "ribbon" type band that runs around the straps at the brim of the helmet.  I did take that out which takes some tension out of the suspension straps and lets it sit even lower.

-Dave Stacy

www.firefightingdynamics.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service