Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

All Discussions Tagged 'fire' (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Massive wildfire consumes 1/3 of the town of Slave Lake, AB

A massive wildfire has consumed 1/3 of the town of Slave Lake, which is located approximately 250 km north west of Edmonton.  7,000 residen…

Started by Joe Zasada

1 May 16, 2011
Reply by Joe Zasada

Light Law for each State or Province.

I would just like a few questions answered without the (no they shouldn't be used - yes they should be used) I am just trying to collect in…

Started by Art Sutherland

3 May 8, 2011
Reply by Ken Scofield

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire Centennial

March 25, 2011 marks the 100th anniversary of what Time Magazine editor at large, David Von Drehle, called "the fire that changed America."…

Started by Barry Greer

0 Mar 5, 2011

Bloggers Unite at FDIC 2011

It's always nice to put a name with a face. There is no other feeling like it when you meet up with someone for the first time that you hav…

Started by Art "Chief Reason" Goodrich

0 Jan 15, 2011

Type II Construction

We recently took a look at Type I construction and the characteristics associated with it.  Basically, Type I construction is also referen…

Started by Jason Hoevelmann

0 Dec 27, 2010

Type I Construction

We hear it all of the time in the fire service and many of us agree; we don’t spend enough time training and learning building construction…

Started by Jason Hoevelmann

4 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by Art "Chief Reason" Goodrich

LETTER REQUEST FOR DONATIONS OF OLD, USED, 2ND HAND/ SURPLUS FIRE & RESCUE GEARS AND EQUIPMENTS

Good Day, I’m Stephen Eric P. Chua from the Philippines, me and my group ( 20 persons ). from all walks of life are all volunteer members o…

Started by Stephen Eric P. chua

0 Nov 19, 2010

Emergency Response Clarification of CPL 02-02-073

FYI  11/07/2008 - Clarification of CPL 02-02-073 as it pertains to emergency response training for firefighters.. -------------------->…

Started by Todd McKee

0 Feb 4, 2010

FE Handbook for FF I & II

A month or so ago I bought Glenn Corbett's book called Handbook for Firefighter I and II. I have found that it is very informative and has…

Started by Todd McKee

0 Nov 24, 2009

Bunker Gear Rental

Can anyone tell me where the best place is to rent bunker gear? There is a place called www.FireGearRental.com here in Philly. There is a p…

Started by Jason Keen

2 Jan 14, 2009
Reply by Brenda Tenney

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service