Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Uncategorized (644)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Carbon Monoxide Levels

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone had any data on carbon monoxide.  In particular, at what level of CO present should a firefighther…

Started by Eric Bunkofske

5 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by Michael Bricault (ret)

Forced OT

We have 4 stations each with a crew of at least 3, a Capt., Operator & Firefighter on each shift. Each shift also has a Floating Capt.…

Started by Mark Stevenson

7 Sep 18, 2012

Having trouble catching breath/keeping calm

Can anyone tell me of some exercise/drill that will help me lower my Air  intake, it seems i cant catch my breath while doing F.F operation…

Started by Keith A. Morrone

4 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by mike clark

HazMat Rescue Who Does it?

Who does the HazMat Rescue for your Hazardous Materal emergencies? The Tech The Firefighter The Search Team Who?

Started by Todd McKee

3 Aug 14, 2012
Reply by Scarlet Smith

Technical Rescue Responses

For members of organizations that has or contributes to a technical rescue response on any level, What is your response to a confirmed, su…

Started by Scott Richardson

5 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by Scarlet Smith

Captain interview questions

Brothers and sisters, I've got a Captains assessment center next week.  Any and all ideas on possible interview questions/answers to look f…

Started by John Maes

9 Jul 25, 2012

DVD training downloads

Anybody know if there is a website where you can download firefighting training videos for free (besides youtube)? I doubt it but it's wort…

Started by Lisa Marie

0 Jun 13, 2012

Big issues with ventilation chain saw

My fire dept. has always used cutoff saws for vertical ventilation. Due to the way the roofs are constructed in the city (70% are galvanize…

Started by Cristian Guzman

4 Apr 12, 2012

PPE DRILLS!!!

Hello Brothers/ Sister of the Fire Service!!!   We have an Academy starting soon. I am intrested in any new ideas that you may use in your…

Started by Steve West

2 Mar 12, 2012

Leather helmets

Does the New Yorker really sit lower if you take the round pad out of it? Do you still leave the straps in and just take out the pad? I've…

Started by B.J. Huge

6 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by Dave Stacy

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service