Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Forum Discussions (1,131)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mentoring Program

My department is looking into starting a somewhat more formal Mentoring Program for our new members. We are a volunteer department and have…

Started by Ron Becknell in Uncategorized

2 Jun 7, 2008
Reply by Ron Becknell

Combination Standpipe/Sprinkler Systems: Have you encountered problems?

I have just started a discussion about combination Standpipe/Sprinkler systems. If you would like to contribute come to the High-Rise Group…

Started by Mike Walker in Uncategorized

0 Jun 7, 2008

Studying

How can we get guys that are new and old to keep studying the basics?

Started by Todd McKee in Uncategorized

2 Jun 5, 2008
Reply by Todd McKee

ESPN Clip honoring the late Fire Captain Louis Mulkey, Charleston (SC) FD

Take a moment to review this exceptional clip produced by ESPN that tells a wonderful story of an unassuming brother firefighter and the la…

Started by Christopher Naum, SFPE in Uncategorized

3 Jun 4, 2008
Reply by Jesse Hodorowski

Your thoughts on digital trunked radio systems in the fire department.

My department is going to be going to be going to a digital trunked radio system for all City agencies. I haven’t heard a lot of good thing…

Started by John Melfa in Uncategorized

12 May 28, 2008
Reply by Mike Walker

Sue happy!

Wow! What has this world come to. I try to stay out of all of the leagalities that are out there today because I am just a fire fighter. I…

Started by Rob Gaylor in Uncategorized

1 May 27, 2008
Reply by Jim Duffy

Thank You!

Not a forum discussion, but I just wanted to thank all the Brothers and Sisters who are Veterans this Memorial Day. Thanks for your service!

Started by Ricky Teter in Uncategorized

3 May 26, 2008
Reply by Scott Richardson

NFPA Training Requirements

I am trying to revamp our training division for next year. I would like to request any and all NFPA requirements for training of line perso…

Started by Jim Zabetka in Uncategorized

1 May 22, 2008
Reply by Eddie Henderson

Hair Regulations

Does anyone out there have a copy of their hair regulations they can send me? My department is having some problems with compliance on the…

Started by Mike Nasta in Uncategorized

7 May 22, 2008
Reply by Mick Fischer

Fire Department Uniforms

We are negotiating uniforms, I'm looking for names of Departments that are allowed to wear the IAFF patch on their Department uniforms. Th…

Started by James Ricci Jr. in Uncategorized

2 May 20, 2008
Reply by James Ricci Jr.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

Groups

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service