Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I am looking for some information on commendation bars. I have done some searching online and have found a couple FD's that wear the commendation bars on their Class A uniforms. They have different ribbons for different awards. What does your dept have for ribbons and do they represent? Thanks

Darin

Views: 2761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Darin, my dept has a sop on wearing of commendation. We have a list of awards that we are allowed to wear. ie unit citation, life saving award,etc. if you want send me your fax # and i will fax it to you. Joe Koonce Ridgewood FD NJ
If you could fax it that would be great. Give me your email address and I will give you my fax so that not everyone has it. Thanks
dkeith75@hotmail.com
I would be more than happy to share our SOP as well. Send your fax number to dmierzejewski@worthington.ci.oh.us
Good morning. Now that someone has presented this question, I have been wanting to start some form of commendations for our firefighters. Would you brother firefighters mind sending our department the same information? E-mail wilsonwfd@kconline.com or fax (574) 267-7962.

Thanks

Michael
Dave,

I would love to see your sop as well. I will have to wait a few days to give you my office fax number but my e mail is michael.walker@okc.gov
I attempted to email you at the email address you posted but it comes back undeliverable. feel free to email me if possible. dkeith75@hotmail.com

Thanks
darin, did you recieve the e-mail i sent you. Joe K
I did receive it, thank you for sharing.
feel free to foward to other members who are looking for info
I'm not sure if you're able to upload or attach the SOP, but I'm sure we could all benefit from reading it. Many of us are in the same boat and this type of information would be great.

S.
Here is what Mr. Koonce sent me. Hope this works.
Attachments:
Thanks Brother..............

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service