Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Is anyone developing new curriculum to reflect the new NFPA standards?

Views: 245

Replies to This Discussion

David , The State of Ohio has redesigned their program to reflect. If you go into forum on FE Communinty you will see a post from Robert Rhoades and he displayed a link. Todd McKee
The new HazMat Handbook and Firefighters Handbook by Delmar was just published and has the new FFI & FFII and 472 requirements
Which forum is it under?
http://homelandsecurity.ohio.gov/images/hazmat%20manual.pdf

Try copying and pasting this link in your browser if that doesn't work go to members and search for Robert Rhoades and it is at the bottom of his page Todd
I am currently redesigning our states Haz-Mat Tech program. In addition to meeting the new standard I am designing the course to be more scenario based to address the risk-based response. Also structuring the course based on a hazmat team. Instead of having topics or modules such as chemistry, or control techniques I am grouping them into team structure like science and entry. What I discovered over the years of teaching this course was we were giving the students all the needed skills and knowledge to be a Tech but not how to be a team member.

Operations has changed the most however if one closely examines what we have been teaching in the past we have exceeded the core competency requirement. I think it would be up to the department or state as to what additional competencies they wish to add at the operational level and what discipline will perform which mission specific task.

I had a meeting a few months ago with the University in our state that handles the FFII curriculum. I don’t have my notes handy but if you need more info please let me know.
did you find it
Yes I did, thank youl

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service