Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Sample Title (557)

Featured Discussions

Are You Ready as an Incident Commander when your Firefighters "Press Their MAYDAY Button"?

BY: Joe Pronesti While relaxing one Sunday in my easy chair watching my favorite team the Green Bay Packers, a commercial came on for a pop…

Started by Joseph PronestiLatest Reply

Training Prompt: Top Floor Fire, Truck Duties

Either assigned to the truck or simply getting on it before it goes out the door, you arrive at a top floor fire. The video above is meant…

Started by Bill CareyLatest Reply

Expect Fire: Burbank Four-Alarm Dumpster

‘Relax, it’s just a dumpster.’   Video below is of what eventually becomes a four-alarm fire in Burbank, California. According to the L…

Started by Bill CareyLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Out-Of-The-Box Training Ideas

Lately, my department has been having the problem of firefighters complaining that drills are getting boring and stale. We are a volunteer…

Started by Elliot Belote

9 Dec 10
Reply by Karl Grath

Training Presentations

Another thing that would be helpful would be having a training presentation sharing group, as a member of a small volunteer company, our in…

Started by Eric Michael Ziegelhofer

0 Dec 3

Training for new members

So, we're a small volunteer department and have been discussing the idea of a "probie book" and I was wondering if any departments have suc…

Started by Eric Michael Ziegelhofer

0 Dec 3

ADDITONAL SOUNDS TO THE TRAINING SIMULATIONS

Dear Team ,            the simulations have proved so effective in a number of training scenarious i have provided for my team , is there a…

Started by MICHAEL JAMES KELLY

0 Dec 3

Certification for Firefighter I and II Testing by your State.

I am looking to see how other states test to the standard. Does your state dictate one book or do they have tests for all three of the main…

Started by Frank Ricci

0 Nov 28

fire simulations

Hi Guys ,  i did not know about this great site well done to the developers. I was looking at the training simulators , could some one tell…

Started by MICHAEL JAMES KELLY

2 Nov 25
Reply by MICHAEL JAMES KELLY

Are You Ready as an Incident Commander when your Firefighters "Press Their MAYDAY Button"?

BY: Joe Pronesti While relaxing one Sunday in my easy chair watching my favorite team the Green Bay Packers, a commercial came on for a pop…

Started by Joseph Pronesti

2 Nov 25
Reply by zachary wolf

Police Safety

We have got some serious issues with our city Police Department. So serious that some day they are going to be injured to the point they wi…

Started by JP Adams

1 Nov 19
Reply by zachary wolf

Looking for a policy

Does anyone have a policy on civil disorder or civil unrest Please forward or give me contact info thanks AA

Started by Anthony Avillo

1 Oct 13
Reply by Kevin Dippolito

Unified Command Research

I am conducting research on Unified Command for the EFO Program.  Please consider taking a few minutes to answer the questionnaire below, a…

Started by Ryland Kendrick

0 Oct 8

RSS

Policy Page

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page HERE. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peterp@pennwell.com.

FE Talk Radio

Thursday at 7:30 p.m. EDT

"Fire Service Court"

with

Chip Comstock, John K. Murphy, Brad Pinsky & Curt Varone

CALL IN AND JOIN THE SHOW

1-877-497-3973 (Toll Free)
or 1-760-454-8852

Check out the schedule of
UPCOMING SHOWS

Ricky Riley, Dan Shaw, Doug Mitchell & Nick Martin

© 2014   Created by fireeng.