Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Sample Title (548)

Featured Discussions

Are You Ready as an Incident Commander when your Firefighters "Press Their MAYDAY Button"?

BY: Joe Pronesti While relaxing one Sunday in my easy chair watching my favorite team the Green Bay Packers, a commercial came on for a pop…

Started by Joseph PronestiLatest Reply

Training Prompt: Top Floor Fire, Truck Duties

Either assigned to the truck or simply getting on it before it goes out the door, you arrive at a top floor fire. The video above is meant…

Started by Bill CareyLatest Reply

Expect Fire: Burbank Four-Alarm Dumpster

‘Relax, it’s just a dumpster.’   Video below is of what eventually becomes a four-alarm fire in Burbank, California. According to the L…

Started by Bill CareyLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Firefighter Checkin Systems

I'm trying to find out what systems departments are using for their firefighter checkin system.  For example, you respond to the firehouse,…

Started by Phil Goulet

0 on Friday

Burning Desire

There are 3 essential qualities I look for in new firefighters. If a person possesses them, we know we have something we can work with. The…

Started by Frank Viscuso

0 Aug 9

Class A Hat Badge

Brothers.  How does your Lt wear his hat badge. We use the bugle type.  I have seen I t worn up and down like in the military and some side…

Started by JOSEPH KOONCE

1 Jul 15
Reply by Frank Ricci

Are You Ready as an Incident Commander when your Firefighters "Press Their MAYDAY Button"?

BY: Joe Pronesti While relaxing one Sunday in my easy chair watching my favorite team the Green Bay Packers, a commercial came on for a pop…

Started by Joseph Pronesti

1 Jul 15
Reply by Karl Grath

Parade

"Tradition" …….In the late 1800's, early 1900's, when the Irish immigrated to the United States, the only jobs the Irish could get were the…

Started by John Fischer

0 Jul 2

Tower Rescue Skills

I'll like to hear any opinions in regard tower rescue skills being use by the industry vs. the fire service rope rescue skill. Does anyone…

Started by Hector Rivera

0 Jul 1

SOP for Flow Path Control - Who has one?

Following the ventilation and suppression studies by UL and NIST, to whom are you assigning simple things like door control? LAFD has provi…

Started by Dan Miller

0 Jun 29

Childs arm trapped in revolving door

Dispatched to an incident involving a child's arm trapped in a revolving door. There are two different pictures from totally different inci…

Started by Isaac Frazier

1 Jun 24
Reply by BRENT WEIR

Pre-Incident Plans

As an officer in an all volunteer company, serving approximately 10,000 residents, with mixed occupancies, what structures do you feel shou…

Started by Eric Michael Ziegelhofer

2 Jun 4
Reply by Kevin Dippolito

Strategic Planning for Volunteer Fire Departments

Just curious on your thoughts for this subject.

Started by Andy Marsh

1 May 13
Reply by Jerry McGhee

RSS

Policy Page

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page HERE. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peterp@pennwell.com.

Roundtable

Do you periodically put your members through a refresher of the evolutions taught in "Saving Our Own"? CLICK HERE to send us your reply.

FE Talk Radio

Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. EDT

"Tap the Box"

with

Billy Greenwood

CALL IN AND JOIN THE SHOW

1-877-497-3973 (Toll Free)
or 1-760-454-8852

Check out the schedule of
UPCOMING SHOWS

Ricky Riley, Dan Shaw, Doug Mitchell & Nick Martin

© 2014   Created by fireeng.