Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

https://forms.gle/7Qz5Yj9y3KWrgB119

As a thirty-plus year veteran of the fire service, with the last nineteen years as a member of the Chicago Fire Department, I have experienced many of the emotional/psychological and physical side effects that are commonly associated with this occupation. It wasn’t until I spent nearly three years in research and development (R&D), a forty-hour position, did I realize how nearly inevitable these negative side effects have become. Almost as if they are an accepted consequence of being a firefighter and/or a paramedic. The majority of my time in R&D was spent studying cancer biology, metabolic physiology, plant-based pharmacokinetics (phytoceuticals), and longevity. There still exists a great deal of questions concerning the physical, emotional, and psychological side effects of the fire service which continue to go unanswered. Although great strides are being made, there remains one area that I have found to be consistently overlooked or omitted all together, our spiritual health. For this reason, I am now pursuing a PhD in Christian Psychology to better understand the link between our physical-being and our spiritual-being.

I created an anonymous survey to collect data in helping provide a better understanding of the emotional and psychological side effects experienced by the spouse/significant other of first responders. With this information we may be able to develop more realistic and more accurate awareness programs, as well as support services to reduce the unwanted and unforeseen negative outcomes common within the home life of first responders. Data to be collected by "Surviving Life Ministries".

Above, you will find a link to the survey, which may need to be copied and pasted. Once you/spouse have completed the survey, just click on the “submit” and the data will be sent to a secured site where none of your personal information will be collected. We, at Surviving Life Ministries, want to thank you in advance for your participation in helping us give back to the first responders and their families.

Blessed health,

Brett Snow

Views: 702

Reply to This

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service