Lieutenant
Years of public service:
17 years total between volunteer and career
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Top issues in your department:
Staffing, leadership, and training.
Professional Qualifications:
N.H. Firefighter III, Maine Haz Mat Tech, EMT-B, Firefighter II. Portland Fire Dept. Drill School instructor.
A.A.S. Fire Science, New Hampshire Community Tech. College
B.A. English, University of New Hampshire
Executive Board I.A.F.F. Local 740
Bio:
I started in the fire service as a volunteer in Warwick, NY. I served there 2 years before moving to New Hampshire where I volunteered with the Madbury, NH. F.D. I was hired full-time by the Rochester, NH. F.D. in 1995 and served 3 years there before being hired by the Portland, Maine F.D. I was promoted to Lieutenant in 2005 and am currently assigned to the Air Rescue station.

Comment Wall (7 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 2:49pm on December 11, 2008, Jim Mason said…
Chris,
Thanks for joining Common Sense Firefighting (CSF). It's a decision - making page on the site. Jump into any of the discussions at any time you like. We've got some good one going right now. How many members do you get on the fiurst due alarm. That's large dept, I believe. If you're going to FDIC we're thinking of having a CSF get together one of the nites, probalbaly Tues at about 7 pm . If you're interested let us know on th CSF page
Jim Mason
Chgo FD
At 12:27pm on September 2, 2008, Adam Bean said…
Hey LT,
Looks like I'll be seeing more of you know. Back on Shift 2 starting Saturday. Hope all is well.
Adam
At 9:49am on May 25, 2008, Dennis E Sampson said…
Hey Chris,
Small world I lived in Wallington NJ (Bergen County) for 3 1/2 years when I got Married and was in their Dept. You also enjoy the summer !
STAY SAFE !! Dennis
At 10:55pm on May 23, 2008, Dennis E Sampson said…
Hey Chris

Just a note I have family in Portland Maine and with your dedication I know there in good hands !!

STAFE SAFE !! Dennis
At 11:38am on May 13, 2008, Kevin Reilly said…
No doubt!
Look forward to seeing you this summer Chris.
I will be back in Maine for memorial day weekend. I'll give you a call.
Stay Safe, Kev
At 8:24am on May 11, 2008, Adam Bean said…
LT,
I'm thouroughly enjoying reading some of your comments on the various forums. Some great points and I especially loved the "widgets" and FDC comments.
At 10:13am on May 8, 2008, Adam Bean said…
Hey LT, hope things are going good on shift 2. Maybe I'll end up back with you, sounds like a shake up is coming.

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service