Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I was in wichita back in Auguest of 06 and meet one of you firefighter his nae was Mike Crosby and we talked about your high rise police. When I told him what Raleigh was doing he seemed intrested in getting a copy of lesson plan. The last time I heard from him he was promated to Lt and was vey busy. I just wanted to know if the lesson plan helped or not let me know. I still find it hard to belive that your ladder companys run as as a two man crew. I have benn with ladder 16 for about 3 years. however I was just moved back to an engine company and start ther on the May 1. Well if there is anything you all need to help with the High Rise training I sent out let mew know and I will try to get it out to you.

Views: 203

Replies to This Discussion

We changed our ladder companies to three man crews approximately 4 months ago by re-manning machines differently. Mike Crosby was promoted to Lt. a few months ago and is currently working at station 11c
Yes I know about Mike Crosby and very happy for him. Also glade to hear about the change to 3 man truck company I feel any truck company should be at lest 4 but even Raleigh has a problem with that. what about the High Rise traning how is that going for you guys.
I had the opportunity to work with Mike for 2 yrs at the station and 8 years in the battalion. He is at the busiest station in the city now, so i know that he may not have the time he needs to go over the high rise plans. However, I would like to see what you have, maybe come up with some ideas and compare to what Mike thinks. Being at a downtown station, I feel like we may not be as prepared as we should be and could always use fresh ideas. Thanks.
Marc
If you can get with Mike and see if he has the lesson plan I sent out to him. He may have already sent it to the training department. At Raleigh we are having a problem with the new police only because the City Canceil now wants to cut back on things and I thought we were getting better. However our Chief is working hard. Let me know if you can't find the cd and I will try to get another copy for you.
Keith
I will do, Thanks for your help. Marc

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service