Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Do you see the problem here?
Sorry about the picture, I had to use the camera on my phone and it just didn’t turn out. Click on the picture for a larger view.

I zipped past this place about four times without even noticing.

Can you say exposure problem?
This is a fireworks wholesaler and storage facility. As you all know, fireworks are flammable and have been known to cause some catastrophic fires and explosions.

Well, as you can see in the foreground, there is a very large LP Gas tank and smaller tanks aside it.

This is obviously a tank farm and refilling station for mobile tankers.

What is not so easy to see is that the distance between the building and the LP tank is probably less than 75 feet. This is just a guess, but it is close.

This could create a huge problem and the area from which I took the picture is the four lane highway that is heavily traveled on a daily basis.

What would you do and what are the major operational concerns you have?

On a different note, this will likely be the last post for a while because I am leaving for FDIC tomorrow. I will have my computer and will try to post something, but no promises. So, stay safe and be careful out there. If you are coming to FDIC, email me and we can exchange phone numbers and maybe meet up.

jhoevelmann@gmail.com

Take care and stay safe.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Job Security Brother! Hope that's out by you!
Amen to that, you can keep it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service