Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Hello Folks, I was just wondering if anyone was planning on attending the H.O.T. training this year in Indy. I recently joined the community and have noticed some older posts with lots of questions and advice. I think The HOT session is a great place to start for anyone responsible for training in their departments.

Is anyone planning on attending? If you've been in the past, did you find it helpful?

We've often heard people learn more during the 4 hour session than anytime since using the TIC. Any comments? Agree or disagree?

Hope to see you there JF.

Views: 163

Replies to This Discussion

John,

Great to see you on here! I will be at Indy, but i will not be able to participate in any HOT days.

I took your class in SD many years ago and then a smaller more "personal" class that JC helped out with out here in CA at a live burn down in Dixon.

I agree 100% that the Hands On class that you folks offer is by far one of the best there is. Perhaps that is why every major manufacturer of TICs recommends you guys as a training resource...

Will you be In SD for Firehouse World later this month? If so, drop me a line and we can grab a pint.

Be safe Brother!

Hankins
Thanks for the vote of confidence. The HOT sessions are definetely a great introduction to the challenges TIC's can present with training. I wish we had these venues a long time ago when I was the "new guy".

Eric Hankins said:
John,

Great to see you on here! I will be at Indy, but i will not be able to participate in any HOT days.

I took your class in SD many years ago and then a smaller more "personal" class that JC helped out with out here in CA at a live burn down in Dixon.

I agree 100% that the Hands On class that you folks offer is by far one of the best there is. Perhaps that is why every major manufacturer of TICs recommends you guys as a training resource...

Will you be In SD for Firehouse World later this month? If so, drop me a line and we can grab a pint.

Be safe Brother!

Hankins

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service