Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Hello all,
I know that Boston doesn't give the test, the state of Mass gives the test. I've researched the topic quiet a bit and am very seriously considering taking the exam. I'm currently enlisted in the United States Air Force as a firefighter. I need your thoughts and opinions, is it a "who you know" thing in Boston? Does a small town Ohio boy have a chance in getting hired there? Does Boston favor the recruit as much as the recruiter told me they do?

Hope to get some good feedback!
Stay Safe & Happy 2010
Bob Wuebker

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

-Check directly with the City of Boston on the HR page of their web site. I believe that the City of Boston, like many municipalities, requires applicants to be legal residents living within the city limits prior to being eligible to even take the entrance exam. They usually have the police investigate and confirm residency of the applicant.
You better move into the city. residents get preference and new hires are required to live there. A good score helps and maybe if you are friends with the State Senate President
The city of Boston gives veterans 30 days from the time they seperated active duty to reside in the city limits. They understand that there is no possible way for us "vets" to be living in the city during our enlistment. Michael your the third person who said that they investigate and confirm residency. Sounds like some solid information. Thanks for the information fellas.

FTM,
Bob

Michael Bricault said:
-Check directly with the City of Boston on the HR page of their web site. I believe that the City of Boston, like many municipalities, requires applicants to be legal residents living within the city limits prior to being eligible to even take the entrance exam. They usually have the police investigate and confirm residency of the applicant.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service