Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I am reaching out for a little assistance from our Emergency Services Sector - Hazmat Partners.

I am organizing an exercise with a scenario based on catastrophic rupture of a 90ton railcar of chlorine.
The exercise is scheduled for the later part of September.

What I am looking for is a historical example of a 90T railcar being punctured by an object.
Does anyone have a case history of something like that?

Your assistance and feedback is greatly appreciated.
Please pass this on to anyone who may be able to help.

Your Friend,

Todd McKee

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We just did a scenario like this but had it as a terrorist attack as the cause with an IED. Had a lot of differnet departments in our area involved with tihs
no i got the video to that but i cant release it bc the univeristy will not allow it ...... so i was hopeing someone here could do that info for me and give it to me that way i am not infringing on rights ty you though if you want to be that guy i would love it

Brent Sanger said:
Todd, I am surprised you forgot about Greenville, SC.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service