Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Looking for additional drills, techniques and methods for doing large area search and rescue. This is an area that my departments have not spent a great deal of time on and I am asking for any assistance that anyone is willing to offer. Thanks.

Views: 1959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jason,

lbfdtraining.org, under the operations section there is a video on large area search that is a great technique!
Jason,
Send me your email address and I can send you some info on large area searches. dubree.douglas@rigov.org
Kansas City, MO Fire Department developed a large area search technique after losing a member in '99. Contact Battalion Chief Akerson. He teaches their class all over the region.

www.kcmo.org
Thanks, Kevin, I will do that.

Ken Scofield said:
Kansas City, MO Fire Department developed a large area search technique after losing a member in '99. Contact Battalion Chief Akerson. He teaches their class all over the region.

www.kcmo.org
Jason, we just did training on this, watch FF Basics for an upcoming drill. Feel free to contact me with questions, we were using the KC method also.
I'll keep my eyes peeled. Thanks, Jeff.

Jeff Schwering said:
Jason, we just did training on this, watch FF Basics for an upcoming drill. Feel free to contact me with questions, we were using the KC method also.
Check out this school in North Carolina, they teach large area search very simple and effectively, Gaston Fire college. The class is Breathing equipment school which is a week long intensive course with awesome instructors.
http://www.gaston.edu/fire/training.html

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service