Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

One of the big rumors that was squashed during the AFG workshop (3/14) I attended surrounded the administration of the stimulus money. Essentially, no one really knows anything at this point. There is an ADDITIONAL $210M (on top of AFG program $) supposedly aimed at fire station expansion, but it is has not been worked out how this will be administered.

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

I agree no one really knows. I've seen some stuff in the fire service press about stimulus monies but hell the darn thing was so big no one even the Congress read the damn thing.

LNM
I hope they get themselves in order with the money going to the fire service. That additional 210M, I had heard was to add stations, but if not done correctly, add all the firehouses you want, but who's going to man them, the politicans? I like to see them in gear and a mask.
AMEN!

If you have all the nice gear and toys in the world like you could walk through FDIC and pick and choose and no one is there, paid, volunteer, whatever you have nothing!

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service